Advisor-Tax-Private Client Services- Belfast
The EY Private Client Services team in Belfast act for a wide range of high net-worth individuals, entrepreneurs, private equity principals, high profile professional partnerships and senior executives, and onshore and offshore trusts. The services that we deliver include tax return compliance services, transaction and reorganisation advice, advice on optimisation of wealth from a tax perspective, and estate and succession tax advice. Our client base is a mix of UK and non-UK domiciled individuals.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing team with proven progression potential. The right individual will gain exposure to interesting and complex personal tax compliance work, with full technical support from the senior team. Additionally, the individual will have the opportunity to work with more senior team members on tax advisory projects, private equity fund reporting and transaction analysis, and develop their skills to become a skilled and knowledgeable private client tax advisor.
Your key responsibilities
- Efficient management and delivery of a mixed portfolio of private client tax compliance and related services with manager support
- Responsible for day-to-day client liaison
- Mentoring and technical support of junior colleagues, and review of their work
- Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and colleagues, providing excellent client service, identifying opportunities and managing expectations
- Assist the senior team with the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach
- Opportunity to co-present at technical presentations and network with clients/targets
- Other duties as required
Skills and attributes for success
- Ability to plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budgets and fees
- Ability to integrate with new teams quickly and build effective relationships at all levels
- Confident with good relationship skills and ability to manage client expectations
- Relevant/appropriate personal tax experience. Experience with the Statutory Residence Test an advantage, but not essential as training will be provided
- Client focused and commercially aware
- Strong technical skills including ability to research technical queries to form your own view for discussion
- Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and know when to refer upwards
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- CTA/ACA/CA/ACCA qualified; or
- Equivalent relevant experience.
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive MyReward package includes support for flexible working and career development, Health Insurance and annual well-being spend allowance, and you can also select additional benefits that suit your needs covering, holidays, health and well-being, savings, car scheme and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.