MY - Assistant Manager / Manager, Indirect Tax
Title: MY - Tax Assistant Manager / Manager, Indirect Tax
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you’ll do
- Work delivery and business development, with the objective of growing the Deloitte GTA practice;
- Training and knowledge transfer to team members;
- Liaising with clients and advising on all relevant GST issues including assisting with queries and clarifications from the Royal Malaysian Customs Department;
- Providing support to Directors and Partners who lead the GST practice;
- Build networks and relationships within the local market
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the goals of our clients and Deloitte, align our people to these objectives by setting clear priorities and direction.
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively. Lead by example and provide equal opportunity for people to grow, develop and succeed.
- Establish positive relationship with senior stakeholders.
- Delivers exceptional client service. Maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and geographies.
- Manage diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where people are respected and valued for their contribution.
- Develop high-performing teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities and recognize them for the impact that they make.
- Possess minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in related disciplines such as Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Law
- 5 – 8 years of GST / Tax experience preferably with an international accounting firm or a corporate
- Completion of GST Tax Agent Course is preferred but not essential
- Strong proficiency in both written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Analytical mind and meticulous skills
- Possess good organizational skills and able to prioritize work to meet tight deadlines
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Candidates will only be contacted by authorized Deloitte Recruiters via firm’s business contact number or business email address.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.