Accounts Payable Team Member
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Payable Team Member to join our Enabling Functions team to work from our Newcastle upon Tyne office 60% of the time with the flexibility of working up to 40% from home.
What you'll be doing
As an Accounts Payable Team Member, you will:
- Ensure suppliers adhere to paperless invoice submission;
- Process any paper based invoice exceptions, ensuring compliance to processes and procedures;
- Accurately process manual invoices, including appropriate coding and ensuring relevant approval received;
- Accurately process three way match vendor invoices, matching vendor invoice to the goods receipt/purchase order;
- Ensure that supplier accounts are paid in accordance with agreed terms;
- Solve queries on mismatched invoices and orders in conjunction with procurement and business teams;
- Reconcile supplier accounts and resolve any resulting queries & discrepancies which may arise with missing or held invoices;
- Deal with email queries from internal stakeholders and external suppliers;
- Communicate within the team to resolve queries efficiently;
- Engage positively with team meetings, huddles and wider business forums;
- Support team members with workload during times of absence or high activity, to ensure business needs are met;
- Maintain good knowledge of ERP and other systems;
- Work within all sub teams within the Accounts Payable function as required.
Who we're looking for
Personal Qualities & Experience
- Self-motivated with an aptitude to accept responsibility for own learning and development;
- Organised with the ability to prioritise and multi task due to high volumes of work and tight deadlines;
- Meticulous and accurate with impeccable attention to detail;
- A confident communicator with a good telephone manner and able to build relationships with suppliers and stakeholders;
- Ability to demonstrate a strong customer focus and a passion for quality service delivery;
- Ability to work well within a team;
- Flexible and able to adapt to working in different teams as required;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Working towards T Level 2 or other professional exams e.g. CIMA, ACCA, ICM;
- Experience of working within the Oracle ERP System.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beattys Enabling Functions includes our centralised HR, IT, Procurement, Finance, Health & Safety, Sustainability and Comms teams. Together we support Balfour Beatty to deliver projects on behalf of our clients. We operate according to our Build to Last values of Lean, Expert, Trusted, Safe and Sustainable.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.