Analyst, Regulatory Change Compliance
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
We have a balanced hybrid working model to ensure you get the flexibility you need, and the successful candidate will spend their time between working in the office and working from home.
Global Framework Compliance (“GFC”) forms part of the Global Risk & Compliance function at Northern Trust and is entrusted with:
- creating and maintaining minimum standards for how the wider Risk & Compliance function creates and maintains their mapping of applicable regulatory requirements (for each regulated entity, their businesses, products and services),
- completes annual compliance risk assessments,
- monitors compliance with these and delivers reporting on the compliance risks posed by the applicable requirements
GFC works closely with regional and local compliance partners, ensuring consistent application of the framework and its minimum standards.
Under the direct supervision of the GFC Team Lead, the role’s primary responsibility involves process of notifications globally received through the BWise newsfeed, launching of Initial Analysis and managing artefacts and required documentation in support of the newly introduced Regulatory Change Framework (RCF). A timely completion of this activity is vital to Northern Trust’s proper implementation of applicable regulatory requirements.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
Carries out Framework Compliance related activities required to support the Regulatory Change Framework, including but not limited to the following:
- Review internal/external regulatory change notifications from Global regulators for initial determination of applicability based on current state activities, products and services of the organization.
- Communicate with stakeholders to facilitate information flow, assign next steps, and document rationale.
- Manage the pre-population and submission of completed Horizon Scanning and Traceability Matrix to the relevant Second Line Subject Matter Expert (“SME”) on a timely basis as well as support in transposing Traceability Matrix details into Rule Map Upload Template.
- Manage inventory of artefacts and required documentation completed as part of the RCF process.
- Prepares report for management or any governance forum, as required.
- Participates in additional initiatives or projects, as directed by management.
- Advanced analytical skills, with experience in organizing, summarizing and managing a large amount of data and translating them into a report with great attention to details.
- Proficiency with Office 365 application, including Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Word, and Teams to efficiently perform analyses and communicate results to various stakeholders.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to present relevant information to various stakeholders, including Senior Management.
- Strong organizational skills required to manage competing priorities from a variety of compliance related tasks and/or activities assigned.
- Ability to work effectively and build relationships in a geographically-blended environment.
- Flexible, a collaborative approach to work, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use initiative and work independently in a proactive manner.
- Must possess at least a Bachelor’s/College Degree in Economics, Finance, Accountancy/Business Studies, Administration/Management or equivalent
- At least 3-5 years of related experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications particularly in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Work background in any financial institution is an asset
Willing to be assigned in either shift:
8:00AM - 5:00PM or 4:00PM - 1:00AM
Mondays - Fridays
BGC, Taguig City, Philippines
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com. We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.