Financial Reporting Manager - Subject Matter Expert (w/m/x)
We're a global engineering company offering technical consulting, design, and project management services. Our Krakow-based Global Business Services supports various functions including Finance, HR, IT, and more. The GBS centralizes processes and promotes excellence, driving transformation across Jacobs.
Join Jacobs' GBS Accounting Team to be part of a dedicated group of professionals working with global process owners. As a Financial Reporting Manager , you'll guide our team in achieving excellence in Jacobs' Accounting Group. This role offers the opportunity to play a key role in financial reporting and management meetings in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
We're seeking a collaborative team player who wants to make a lasting impact on the growth of our accounting teams and organization.
- Preparation and review of the Company’s quarterly SEC Forms 10-Q and 8-K (earnings release) and annual Form 10-K in accordance with US GAAP and SEC requirements
- Management of annual goodwill impairment process
- Review and preparation of the Company’s consolidation process including advising of consolidation entries for worldwide investment, equity activity
- Management of Company’s compilation and reporting for the quarterly hit list meeting
- Participate in cross functional projects and assist other functions with financial reporting and disclosure matters
- Management of the accounting for the Company’s defined benefit pension plans
- Prepare/review monthly closing journal entries and account reconciliations and rollforwards
- Preparation and/or review of the Company’s statement of cash flow
- Prepare ad hoc reports and analyses, as requested
- Assist in various statutory reporting requirements
- Ensure all duties performed are in compliance with GAAP, Company policies and procedures, SEC reporting requirements, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act requirements
- Responsible for testing and/or review for SOX requirements
- Manage external audit process
- Participate in the development and maintenance of policies and procedures for financial reporting activities, and their continuous improvement process including automation and acceleration
- Drive process improvement and identify opportunities for cost savings.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- A Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- At least 5+ years of relevant financial reporting experience in public accounting and/or a commercial business environment, ideally some portion of supervisory experience
- CPA license or equivalent (local CA/ACCA)
- Experience with consolidations, goodwill impairment, business combinations, currency translation, and other technical accounting and reporting issues
- Technical knowledge and understanding of SEC and/or other external reporting, US GAAP and SOX requirements and controls
- Ability to demonstrate strong Microsoft Office skills (especially MS Excel)
- Experience with a large ERP system (ideally Oracle)
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Management
- Experience with WDesk/Workiva
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate with others, especially in a remote environment
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and external auditors
- Ability to work in a fast, dynamic environment, and prioritize competing priorities
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and process improvement skills.
- Unique company culture fostering individual career growth and work-life balance
- Full-time employment contract with salary corresponding to qualifications
- Hybrid or stationary working model – depending on your preferences
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible benefits package (Lux Med medical care, psychological care, life insurance, My Benefit cafeteria system, including Multisport card co-financing)
- Membership in Jacobs employee networks (Women's Network, OneWorld, PRISM, Careers Network, Green Team, Toastmasters, Collectively and others)
- Continuous development opportunities, including a range of professional trainings and certifications (e.g. ACCA, CIPS), Graduate Development Program, Learners’ Community, self-learning platform.