GBS Accounting Manager - Subject Matter Expert (w/m/x)
We're a global engineering firm offering technical consulting, design, and project management services. Our Krakow-based Global Business Services supports various functions including Finance, HR, IT, and more. GBS centralizes processes and promotes excellence, driving transformation across Jacobs. Join us to create a better world through your career at Jacobs!
Joining Jacobs' GBS Accounting Team means becoming part of a team of dedicated professionals collaborating with process owners globally. We're in search of a GBS Accounting Manager (Subject Matter Expert) to thrive in a dynamic, demanding setting. This role entails fostering and achieving excellence within Jacobs' Accounting Group.
We're seeking a collaborative team player with the drive to make enduring contributions to the expansion of our accounting teams and the entire organization. This position provides direct support to the US Corporate reporting team.
- Act as a support in general US GAAP accounting.
- Prepare and review schedules, journal entries, account reconciliations and 10-Q/K footnote disclosures.
- Assist in monthly TB load of our strategic investment (PAC) into Oracle.
- Prepare and review fluctuation and trending analyses for complex transactions, including preparation of the monthly Corporate Functions Analysis.
- Review activities impacting restructuring and other add-backs.
- Actively maintain performance units for existing and upcoming programs with timely closure when programs ends.
- Present monthly results and analysis to accounting leadership team.
- Prepare audit committee quarterly reserve analysis.
- Review Capital expenditure requests for appropriate accounting treatment.
- Identify and drive process improvements will both leverage and enhance your skill set
- Guide and review the work process of accounting for acquisitions, divestitures, restructurings and other assignments
- Communication with other departments such as finance, real estate, HR and IT, including budgets versus actuals and cost savings for restructuring and other activities.
- Ensure tasks align with US GAAP, Company policies, SEC reporting, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
As a GBS Accounting Manager (Subject Matter Expert), you’ll regularly and successfully engage in:
- Participating in the development and maintenance of policies and procedures for global accounting activities and continuous improvement process including automation and acceleration related to restructuring accounting.
- Reading, understanding, following, and testing the applicable process narratives pertaining to Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements and technical accounting.
- Providing support as needed to external auditors.
- Preparing standard and ad hoc reports and analyses.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Active CPA license or equivalent (local CA/ACCA)
- Professional accounting experience (7+ years) including at least 2-3 years of external audit
- Technical knowledge and understanding of US GAAP/IFRS, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and controls.
- Self-starter and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of restructurings, consolidations, international accounting and reporting issues.
- Professional experience using Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables and vlookups for large volumes of data.
- Big 4 audit experience.
- Expertise in restructuring accounting/ASC 420 and ASC 712.
- Preparation of footnote disclosures for 10-Q/K.
- Cross-functional collaboration and communication.
- Experience with a large ERP system, preferably Oracle.
- Experience using consolidation tools for analysis of actuals, forecast and budget.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and process improvement skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and external auditors.
- Unique company culture fostering individual career growth and work-life balance
- Full-time employment contract with salary corresponding to qualifications
- Hybrid or stationary working model – depending on your preferences
- Flexible working hours
- “Short Fridays” (we work 6h on Friday)
- Flexible benefits package (Lux Med medical care, psychological care, life insurance, My Benefit cafeteria system, including Multisport card co-financing)
- Membership in Jacobs employee networks (Women's Network, OneWorld, PRISM, Careers Network, Green Team, Toastmasters, Collectively and others)
- Continuous development opportunities, including a range of professional trainings and certifications (e.g. ACCA, CIPS), Graduate Development Program, Learners’ Community, self-learning platform.