Head of Finance
Head of Finance responsible for delivering a successful finance function. Alongside the classic responsibilities of the Head of Finance role you will be tasked with implementing processes, policies and templates that will enable the organisation to operate efficiently and effectively.
Our client is an International Development charity investing in social enterprises that bring about positive changes across the Middle East. These include sustainability, women's education and children's development related ventures.
- You will be responsible for developing a successful finance function, improving existing processes, implementing policies and producing financial templates.
- You will be involved in the decision making of key business changes and ventures; providing the board level with substantial financial information to inform decision making.
- Preparing the monthly management accounts, variance analysis and monthly accruals/ prepayments.
- Responsible for preparing the monthly cash flow forecasts ensuring appropriate cash management.
- Preparing and managing balance sheet reconciliations.
- Meet budget holders monthly to discuss planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns, payroll and Tax.
- Point of contact for the external Audit.
- Regular presentations to board level and key stakeholder groups, including non- financial staff.
- Must be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- A self- starter with extensive experience building up finance functions; recognising areas for improvement and efficiency's in systems.
- Must have experience working for an International Charity- knowledge of restricted/ unrestricted funding is an essential part.
- Must have experience operating at a level that informs decision making- experience reporting to board level would be excellent.
- Experience leading an external audit and acting as the key point of contact is key.
- Hybrid working arrangements- office based Central London.
- £55,000- £60,000
- Opportunity to join a grow charity and develop a successful finance function.
- This role would be well suited to Heads of Finance/ individuals ready to step up into a Head of Level role.