The Senior Accountant is responsible for the preparation of the monthly and annual reporting for a number of companies across the Group. The role will develop to supervise an assistant/s who will undertake the accounts payable function and bookkeeping of the companies.
A highly successful organisation within the manufacturing industry
- Establishing and supervising an assistant/s to support with the accounts payable and bookkeeping function of the Holding companies.
- Prepare the monthly management accounts and annual financial statements of the Holding companies.
- Processing a range of financial transactions into the accounting system (SAP/SAGE).
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner, record all invoices and allocate the costs by cost accounting, review of aged items for a number of legal entities.
- Bookkeeping of all bank accounts and ensuring sufficient cash level on bank accounts, liaising with treasury function as necessary.
- Undertake the monthly closing of Holding Company entities (loan revaluations, bank revaluation and reconciliations, intercompany confirmations, intercompany mismatch, etc.).
- Manage the intercompany loan including preparation of loan documentation and maintain intercompany loan schedules: book cash movements and monthly interest calculations.
- Issue recharge invoices to businesses as required.
- Processing the payment of expenses for employees.
- Calculate and book any depreciation on the fixed assets and reconcile the fixed asset subledger with the accounting.
- Conduct periodic reconciliation of the balance sheet accounts to ensure their accuracy and file/archive all documents in a timely manner.
- Assist Group Financial Controller with any ad-hoc requests.
- Assist with the migration from SAP to SAGE accounting system.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA)
- 5+ years spent working in a similar role
- Experience using HFM (Hyperion), SAP and SAGE accounting systems highly advantageous
- Management experience
- Eager to drive improvements
- Highly organised
- History with systems integrations
An attractive salary and benefits package