At Sedulo we are building a world class team to deliver our mission to make positive change in the communities we work in. We do this by:
- Working with our clients to transform their business and personal finances Connecting and contributing to the business community in the cities we are located in Supporting thousands of children living in poverty through the Sedulo Foundation. Creating positive and inclusive workplaces where our staff can develop personally and professionally to their full potential.
We are looking for people who are committed to going beyond expectations to achieve world-class results. We proactively support our staff to embrace feedback, create fulfilling relationships with colleagues and clients, and expand their skills and experience to be the best version of themselves. At Sedulo, we know how important it is to create an environment for positive change, both at work and in the communities, we live and work in. We have a longstanding commitment to charitable projects and a strong focus on innovation in everything that we do. You can make an impact at Sedulo, not only through delivering outstanding work, but also through participating in the charity campaigns we run throughout the year. Alongside all of this, our events team ensure we also have a lot of fun, with wellbeing activities and events hosted at all our offices every week.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced bookkeeper to work across our exciting client base. You will be working with a variety of individuals and businesses that sit within our Private Client department, ranging from media personalities to professional sportspeople, providing accurate bookkeeping services and reports and working closely with one of our account managers. The role will be extremely customer focused and a digital background is essential with the majority of clients on cloud software and making use of various apps to streamline the bookkeeping process.
A typical day will look like;
- Posting customer and supplier invoices, making use of software such as Dext Reconciling bank accounts, and invoice financing accounts where required
- Liaising with third parties, such as agents, to obtain necessary accounting information
- Reconciling supplier and customer ledgers and discussing the ledgers with the client to ensure their accuracy
- Preparing payment runs ready for client approval
- Assisting in the calculation of commission payments due to client managers & agents
- Posting monthly journals such as wages journals
- Responding to client queries in a timely manner
- Supporting other departments where necessary Additional bookkeeping duties as necessary
What we really need;
- Proven working experience in a bookkeeping role
- Experience covering all core areas including, sales ledger, purchase ledger and bank reconciliations
- Experience of using cloud based accounting software and related apps
- Highly confident and personable communicator who is happy to ‘pick up the phone’ when required.
What we offer
- A company mantra of having fun together, getting results together and giving back together
- A bespoke training and development plan with the opportunity to expand and diversify your skills 26 days holiday, company pension scheme, health care plan, cycle to work scheme, death in service benefits and access to our in house Wealth Planning and Mortgage departments
- Smart working and agile working hours including the ability to work remotely for up to 20% of your contracted time
- Ability to work away from home remotely for up to 4 weeks per year, great for extending a trip to see family or making the most of warmer climates
- All expenses paid annual social trip overseas
Our aim is to encourage and support all applicants during the application process, if you have any reasonable adjustments that you will require, please do not hesitate to get in touch via people@ sedulo.co.uk.