Audit Methodology - Senior Manager - Asset Management Sector
This firm is recruiting a Senior Manager to join their Audit Methodology team within their Technical Standards department. The role is focused on the development of audit methodology for the asset management and capital markets sector, which includes listed funds, hedge funds, private equity funds, renewables, corporate and private wealth managers.
This large accountancy firm is looking to recruit Senior Managers into their audit quality support team. The role is internal-facing and allows hybrid working.
This role will be focused on the asset management and capital markets sector which includes listed funds, hedge funds, private equity funds, renewables, corporate and private wealth managers.
In this challenging and rewarding role you will be responsible for:
- Managing and supporting with the delivery of key audit methodology projects
- Responding to audit methodology queries from audit staff at all levels (email, telephone or in person)
- Sharing industry developments with audit partners and directors
- Ensuring that audit/CASS methodology remains in line with best practice and the expectations of the FRC
- Ad hoc methodology related assignments
- Writing and updating guidance material
- Development and delivery of audit methodology training content
- Provision of support for the development and delivery of 'group learning sessions' which are led by partners and managers in the audit stream
- Carrying out targeted file reviews to identify areas of best practice and areas requiring further audit guidance
- ACA or similar professional accountancy qualification
- Considers themselves an expert with regards to the UK auditing standards
- Significant current hands on practical asset management and capital markets audit /CASS experience
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a small team and able to use own initiative
- Ability to think outside the box and pioneer in using existing methodology and best practice to independently develop methodology for current and future business models
Excellent salary and benefits.