Fund Accounting Manager, Institutional Fund Accounting
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working Model: Hybrid
We have a balanced hybrid working model to ensure you get the flexibility you need, and the successful candidate will spend their time between working in the office and working from home.
The Unitized Valuation Reporting Services (UVRS) department is a fast pace growth department within Northern Trust Global Fund Services Group. UVRS consists of Institutional Fund Accounting clients that are either Defined Contribution or Defined Benefits plans that require a daily Net Asset Value (NAV) and /or Market Value for performance purposes. In addition the department provides regulatory reporting to clients and their auditors on a periodic basis.
UVRS is looking for an Fund Accounting Manager to provide impactful solutions to our clients while managing the day to day operations of an accounting team. The accounting team will consist of Team Leaders, Consultants, and Analysts who complete the daily audit and deliver the Net Asset Values (NAVs) to clients and 3rd parties. The individual should have knowledge of financial reporting principal such as FASB, GASB and 5500’s Reporting as well knowledge of core fund accounting application used for daily valued NAVs. The individual is able to provide thought leadership to current and prospect clients in relation to plan structures, annual audits, and industry changes.
The key responsibilities of the position will include:
- Manages the operation process to achieve department target accuracy and timeliness for all NAVs and Portfolio statement reporting as well as other client deliverables.
- Active member of the leadership team in establishing goals and objectives to mitigate risk and enhance productivity.
- Acts in a leadership role and as a technical resource for Institutional Fund Accounting clients
- Support large, multi-year strategic technology initiatives within the business. Working alongside business and technology stakeholders to deliver outcomes that help position the department for future growth and success.
- Supports team and partners in the resolution of non-routine and complex accounting/reporting issues
- Consults with clients, prospects and partners on effective ways to meet client needs
- Oversees, plans and directs the activities for their team, ensuring that business objectives are being met
- Assumes accountability for partners within the team including their development
- 7 or more years of experience with Institutional Fund Accounting and/or Mutual Fund Accounting background including supervisory experience.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills, required to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Knowledge of investment operations processes related to 401(k)/defined contribution plans as well as fund valuations, unitization and investments.
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize tasks appropriately. Flexibility to change with business needs and demands.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.