Assurance - External Audit Manager - Jeddah
The foundation of the service we deliver is the natural blend of compliance and value. We are experts in the application of audit methodology and audit techniques and use our expertise to bring precision and economy to our clients' audits. We use our knowledge of each client, together with our position as trusted advisor, to match our approach and our solutions to their needs.
Our view of our clients' organisations is broad and deep, and we look behind the numbers to consider what they mean for the business as a whole. We use the audit to explore and think more widely about our clients' businesses and the potential issues they face.
This understanding enables us to offer new solutions to our clients' problems, to help them learn from what has happened and prepare them for, or better still help them avoid, issues in the future.
What you’ll create and do:
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- At least 6-10 years of demonstrated progressive experience at the working with a range of external audit clients in a professional services firm.
- An interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends, an openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work.
- A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences and working alongside diverse people and perspectives.
- ACCA/CPA/CA/ ACA designation or equivalent designation, or in final stages of completion.
- A strong understanding of IFRS and Accounting standards for either FS or Non FS Industries.
- Thorough technical skills and experience regarding applicable accounting reporting and auditing standards.
- Experience in the design of engagement procedures based on risk and materiality.
- Previous experience in coaching and leading engagement teams.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills that allow you to thrive in a team environment.
- Bilingual proficiency in Arabic and English is considered an asset.
- Business development and client relationship building.