Sr. Tax Specialist
The role is designed for supporting and leading the delivery of activities carried out by the US Manage Direct Tax team. This is individual contributor role requiring responsibilities as a reviewer & preparation of tax returns (complex tax returns) of certain material legal entities. It also provides a very good exposure towards stakeholder management as well as Direct tax compliance and Group reporting.
The candidate should be open to move/deployed flexibly between, State, Audit, Federal – Upstream and Federal – Downstream roles.
More specifically, the accountabilities include the following:
Business/process responsibilities and metrics:
- Deliver on time and accurate tax reports, returns and payments for migrated activity and tax provision for all businesses in various tax jurisdictions [State, Federal] and adherence to the managerial metrics of the process;
Understand and operate various tax provisioning/compliance tools
- Understand Group Accounting and Reporting changes and enable incorporation of such changes and in the process as may be relevant
- Co-ordinate/support for tax audits as well as support for resolving all audit queries
- Provide steer and oversight for updation and maintenance of Key tax assumptions and Work Instructions & Training framework to reduce time to delivery to optimal levels (typically 3 months)
- Lead and manage and transition additional/new scope migrations of MDT activities.
Team engagement planning and supporting:
- Support continuous professional development and good practices in MDT with positive attitude towards building digital skillsets
- Proactively supporting Sr Tax Leads in engagement with Business and Country tax teams to enable business knowledge sharing with the MDT team and help embed into processes as relevant
- Keeps abreast of Business developments and Business performance drivers
- Support in ensuring clear roles and responsibilities and compliance with segregation of duties/authorities across team
- Contributing in planning of staffing vis-à-vis work assignments/projects/cross team projects etc. in an optimal manner and evaluate resourcing requirements on an ongoing basis.
- Continuous focus on improvement opportunities (ESSA) in process & content, identify & actions opportunities to reduce complexity, promote best practices on digital acceleration, provide focus on financial issues & achieve operational excellence
- Pursue identification & implementation of CI project pipeline and aid in achieving the process targets.
- Ensure correct and timely escalations of process exceptions or tolerance/variances and their resolution
- Proactively engage and maintain strong stakeholder and business connectivity
- Best practices provide focus on financial issues & achieve operational excellence
- Business/process responsibilities and metrics
- CI responsibilities
- Team management, engagement planning and resourcing
- Stakeholder management
Skills and Requirements:
- Prior US State Tax /Federal-Downstream Tax/Federal-Upstream Tax/Federal – Corporate, Trading, International Tax/US MDT – IRS Audit will be helpful.
- Recognized professional qualification and a member of a recognized accounting body with &>5 years’ broad professional experience. Work experience of migrated tax / finance activity in multinational companies or professional firms would be preferable. Alternatively, Bachelors / master’s in finance degree with &>8 years’ broad professional experience out of which minimum 6 years of experience in migrated tax / finance activity in multinational companies or professional firms.
- Working knowledge of various ERP systems used in US MDT viz. SODA, STAR, Corp Tax, Long View, FedState, etc. will be preferred with excellent MS Office skills.
- Good understanding of Control Frameworks, controls in a tax environment and tax accounting under GAAP and/or IFRS.
- Effective influencing skills and communicator of complex tax compliance issues; both written and oral.