Associate/Senior Associate - ISD (Negotiator) (Fixed Income Division)
The Fixed Income Division is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manages risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader across a broad range of commodities markets, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales & Trading
From the largest global institutions to innovative new hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instruments including stocks, bonds, derivatives, foreign exchange, and commodities. Our professionals provide liquidity and content to clients around the world, actively assessing and managing risk, trading securities, and planning and executing transactions in the fast-changing markets. As the needs of our clients become increasingly complex, we often develop customized solutions.
Background on the Team
Institutional Securities Documentation (ISD) is a global team based in several locations (including New York, London, Hong Kong, Budapest and Tokyo) and the Mumbai ISD team works closely with the team in various locations.
- Identifying necessary documentation for the clients to trade securities or OTC derivatives and perform related due diligence scans.
- Actively participate in global team projects on initiatives such as risk management, regulatory-driven projects, etc. and ensuring timely execution and completion.
- Draft and negotiate amendment agreements for Master Agreements and work on basic derivatives documentation.
- Review and analyze legal documentation to determine capacity and authority to enter into OTC derivatives transactions and repurchase transactions.
- Liaise with clients, business units, external legal counsel, risk management and other infrastructure groups within the firm (e.g. Operations, Tax, Credit, etc) throughout the negotiation process, including analyzing and presenting negotiation issues to relevant stakeholders.
- Understanding and adhering to established procedures.
- Communicating with clients and external counsel.
- Update internal systems regarding negotiation status, documentation database, project trackers, etc.
- Handle post-negotiation matters including arranging for signing, coordinating the filing of electronic documents and original documents, dispatching documents to counterparties, etc.
- Law graduate with experience/knowledge in financing/derivatives documentation.
- International work experience is preferred.
- Overseas legal qualification (e.g. UK, HK, Singapore, Australia) is advantageous.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; be prepared to speak to clients (internal and external) at all times
- Proficiency in English is a must.
- Good team player.
- Solid quantitative skills and strong interest in business, economics and law.
- Willingness and ability to provide quality service to the Firm's clients and to promote and enhance the Morgan Stanley franchise.
- Willingness to work in dynamic environment and the ability to excel under pressure.
- Proficiency and interest in technology and systems development.
- Organized, pro-active, ability to multi-task and work efficiently, detail-oriented and self-sufficient.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.