Analyst - Payroll Accounting
To monitor, reconcile, and analyse accounts ensuring accuracy and integrity of the data as well as complying with internal and external audit requirements for accurate financial recordings.
- A thorough understanding of Payroll and Benefits operations is essential to ensure the resulting accounting is correct, and acceptable controls are in place and operating effectively
- Is required to be able to quickly grasp and internalize the specialized knowledge to ensure appropriate accounting and controlling processes
- Ability to quickly grasp changes in the SAP environment of Shell People
- Adapts to change as it relates to business needs, e.g. HR and Financial Systems, Global Initiatives
- Required to perform monthly trend analysis detecting abnormalities in accounts, additionally responsible for escalating and communicating material misstatements in the accounts to Leadership as well as our Financial Partners
- Anticipates the outcome of situations that may arise. Determines the financial impact and communicates accordingly
- Deals with employee confidential information.
- Ensures that account reconciliation accurately reflects the 1) True activity in the account, 2) Concurs with the General Ledger and 3) is classified appropriately. Performs due diligence to provide assurance to all SPS customers and associated senior management.
- Ensures that the General Ledger balances tie out to the “source” payroll data delivered from various Shell People payroll reports, i.e. Payroll Reconciliation Report, Oracle Drill Down report, Wage Type Reporter, etc.
- Ensure account reconciliation is performed each month to verify that the general ledger balances within various companies and claims and receivable accounts are accurate.
- Individual must have a strong understanding of accounting and the demands of meeting deadlines on a closing desk.
- For PA project governance, to execute and perform the required activity, and see and log improvement opportunities
- Directly communicating with and explaining issues to people and outside the business countries being handled
- Knowledgeable in Payroll Accounting process for all ERPs
- Handling difficult issues with business/counterparts and/or the operating units while maintaining good working relationship at all times;
- Business partnering, working virtually with colleagues, other FO counterparts and business stakeholders
- Working with Operational Excellence on migration projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy, Financial Management or its equivalent
- Basic knowledge in Process Controls & Compliance or similar field
- Exposure and knowledge on usage of ERP - GSAP/SAP preferred
- Strong command in the English, both oral and written
- Highly organized - committed in meeting deadlines
- Confident in dealing with counterparts, business partners, stakeholders
- With clear demonstration of teamwork, flexibility, change adaptability, initiative, analytical thinking, and problem solving capacity
- Attention to details
- Sense of Urgency
- Commitment to People
- Job Knowledge & Skills
- Response to Job Demands
- Analysis and Decision Making
- Commitment to Continuous Improvement