Legal Entity Controller – Associate
EMEA Capital Management and Strategy team is looking for a strong Associate to work within the Capital Management team. This is a key role in the EMEA Capital Management and Strategy team, which produces critical deliverables for EMEA senior management and UK regulators, including UK entities’ capital projections, Individual Capital Adequacy and Risk Assessment (ICARA), capital aspects of Recovery & Resolution, as well as owning the EMEA ICAAP framework and standards, and having oversight of non-UK capital management and ICAAP.
You will focus specifically on the FCA regulated entity/ entities in the UK, working on capital forecasting and management, ICARA and related activities (such as capital stress testing). This is an ideal representation of projects and business-as-usual activities, offering the right level of challenge and opportunity for you to grow.
By way of context, the broader EMEA Capital Management & Strategy team, within JPM’s Finance function, helps to ensure that the Firm complies with its prudential regulatory obligations, through:
- Co-ordinate and manage the quarterly and annual ICARA refreshes for UK entities
- Managing and liaising timelines with stakeholders for inputs
- Focus on a strong control environment and drive process efficiency
- Support ad hoc queries and requests from management, auditors or regulators
- Support capital structure plans and forecasts
- Produce capital forecasts refreshed frequently
- Partner with Risk, Compliance, Liquidity, Recovery and the business lines for ICARA submissions
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related business field
- Strong accounting and analytical acumen, with ability to understand, produce and explain income statement and balance sheet content and variances
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to prepare executive level presentations
- Ability to work effectively with others, as well as act as an effective liaison with all business partners within the lines of business or legal entity chains
- Strong initiative and work ethic
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure, with an ability to be flexible in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.