Finance Manager - Performance Reporting
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Retail Banking Services Finance acts as a partner to the Retail Banking Services (RBS) business unit and other business units (our customers) to help them succeed with the Bank’s goals and their business unit responsibilities.
Retail Banking Services Finance forms part of the Financial Services business unit whose vision is to make a difference on the things that matter.
The RBS Finance team operates as a business partner integrated with the management of the product and distribution businesses yet with a one step removed status to promote objectivity and independence of analysis and advice. Major work functions are planning, reporting and decision support to line management to promote operational and financial efficiency, productivity delivery and customer service quality.
The RBS Performance Reporting team provide business performance information and reporting, financial analysis, insights and support to the RBS business and leadership to inform operational and strategic decision making and our shareholders’.
The Manager of Performance Reporting is a key role within RBS Finance, allowing a holistic view of financial performance across RBS by contributing to financial deliverables (supported by a direct Graduate report and an Analyst in the team), performing analysis on business drivers, market dynamics and the competitive landscape, and communicating results to the Executive Manager and General Manager of Business Performance (and RBS Finance more broadly). This role works alongside another Manager role in the Performance Reporting team allowing work to be balanced and rotated over time to increase exposure and development.
Do work that matters
The responsibilities of the Manager Performance Reporting include:
- Contribute to the monthly, quarterly, half and full yearly performance reporting process for RBS; including Monthly Performance Reporting, Quarterly Trading Updates, Profit Announcements and Investor Relations;
- Prepare high quality presentations, supporting analysis and strategic insights for senior management (RBS Leadership Team including the CEO and CFO, Group Finance, etc.), such as the quarterly CEO results presentation or conducting research into peer performance;
- Engage and build strong relationships with a broad range of Finance related stakeholders (product, distribution, treasury, risk, etc.) to understand the underlying drivers of financial and business performance for RBS, providing insight and helping inform RBS leadership decision making;
- Act as a point of contact between RBS and Group Finance in relation to the financial performance of RBS;
- Develop coaching, mentoring and leadership skills, working with both a direct report (Graduate) and another team member (Analyst);
- Gain exposure and develop presentation skills by working with, and presenting to, RBS Finance leadership; and
- Actively contributing to process improvement, simplification and cross skilling across the Performance Reporting team.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- Graduate qualifications in a numerate discipline – accounting / finance / business;
- A post graduate qualification (e.g. CA/CPA, CFA, MBA);
- Financial Services experience in a banking environment is preferable;
- Experience in product, financial performance and/or reporting would be valued;
- Excellent attention to detail, problem solving and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously;
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills;
- High degree of commercial acumen;
- Results driven;
- Advanced Excel skills; and
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest, x15ventures), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 30/09/2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.