Fund Accounting & Administration, Assistant Vice President
State Street Alternative Investment Services is an industry leader in providing administrative fund services to Private Equity managers within our Alternative Investment Solutions business. Our Hybrid Services team was organized to deliver customized service solutions for investment funds that have closed end structures and a diverse spectrum of portfolio investments. We are a team of dedicated accounting professionals who are passionate about delivering financial reporting and day-to-day accounting and administrative support to our clients. This opportunity uniquely offers candidates the opportunity to service hybrid alternative products. Portfolio asset classes can include equities, private debt, real estate, derivatives, energy, and other private investments. Employees interact daily with functional teams including; trade operations, investor services, custody, tax, and financial reporting both locally and in globally diverse locations.
This managerial position is within the Private Equity Fund Services Business Unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Solutions Group. The position interacts with all levels of professionals both internally and externally. Therefore, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are required. Candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well under pressure, and simultaneously handle multiple assignments. The position is responsible for managing client relationships and managing and directing the overall accounting and administration for several client sponsored.
- Manage day-to-day communications with contacts of several clients, including investment professionals, client personnel, investors, attorneys, auditors, bankers, etc
- Direct and/or indirect management and supervision of all subordinate staff levels
- Coordinate discussion and documentation of portfolio investment valuations with clients, as necessary
- Full review of accounting and tax work paper packages, financial statements, and other reports and communications for one or more clients
- Coordinate and manage annual audit and tax return preparation with Big 4 accounting firms, including negotiation or review of fees, as necessary
- Thorough review and understanding of investment fund legal documents, including complete understanding of partnership allocations and distribution waterfalls
- Ensure the development and implementation of training for all levels of accounting staff and management
- Coordinate and liaise with other operating groups (investor communications, financial reporting, tax, etc) to ensure effective communication among operating groups
- Assist with development and implementation of SSPEFS accounting policies and procedures
- Review and approve all transactions (money movement, trades, etc.) in accordance with established guidelines
- Ensure client deadlines are met, perform regulatory filings RCS, BCL, CSSF ect.
- Assist with execution and implementation of FASB and other technical accounting pronouncements, as necessary
- Represent SSSL at periodic client meetings, present and discuss business results and initiatives
- Participate in industry-sponsored trade shows, seminars, and other events.
- Meet all requirements for the performance planning process including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback, and submission of formalized performance appraisals
- Coordinate and manage special client and corporate projects
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- Candidates must have a college degree (accounting degree strongly preferred; business, mathematics, finance or economics degree required)
- Minimum 10 year’s experience in financial sector, preferable in private equity or real estate
- Additional professional qualification as ACCA or CFA is of advantage
- Working experience of different GAAP (Lux GAAP, IFRS, US GAAP)
- Practical experience with accounting systems Investran, Geneva, eFront, ect
- Good understanding of alternative investment product range
- Knowledge in performing regulatory filing RCS, BCL, CSSF ect
- Successfully finalized post graduate qualification in accounting or advanced in a process.
- Substantial previous fund accounting experience, including managerial experience
- Previous auditing experience and/or coming directly from business
- Excellent administrative, organizational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent organizational, planning, and co-ordination skills.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Person bringing a positive spirit into the team is welcome
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers, and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading, and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live, and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance, and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. Our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.