As an Accountant in our Business Services team you will be involved in working with a diverse range of clients from start-ups to family owned business and global entities. This role will provide you exposure to numerous clients across a broad range of industries. You'll focus on delivering high quality, value adding work while developing your career in a high performing team.
Day to day you will:
- Prepare a range of financial statements in accordance with regulatory, accounting and financial reporting standards across various industries;
- Prepare income tax returns for a variety of entities including companies, trusts and high
net worth individuals;
- Perform various tax planning tasks for clients and preparing advice relating to business
operations and regulatory matters;
- Provide a range of business and tax advisory services.
What you’ll need to succeed
Being a team player is crucial to our success and we expect a successful candidate will go above and beyond for each other. Our team based approach allows us all to get to know our clients and hence deliver on their goals and needs. Your background in business services, tax or accounting along with a common sense approach will provide a strong
foundation to succeed in this role.
Additionally you will bring:
- Relationship building skills; we work as a wider Business Services team and you will need to liaise with various levels and teams across BDO as well as providing exceptional service to our clients;
- Demonstrated analytical/problem solving ability;
- Excellent attention to detail and a proactive approach to work;
- An interest in, or currently completing (or finished) a CA or CPA qualification;
- Knowledge and use of Advanced Professional Solutions (APS) and/or Xero is desirable.
What we will offer you
BDO offers professional development, collaborative culture, workplace flexibility, global career growth opportunities and an industry-competitive salary package.
We are committed to building your technical, advisory, leadership, and management skills, and balance work with promoting health, wellbeing, workplace giving and social activities. At BDO, we want you to enjoy what you do and the community of colleagues and clients you work with.
As a firm, we embrace an inclusive culture and value the difference and unique perspective of every individual. We are proud to be named an Inclusive Employer by Diversity Council Australia (DCA).
To submit your application please click Apply or for further information please contact Michelle Lorschy on email@example.com Learn more what we offer at BDO.
IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUSTFor further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.