The finance manager will support the academies within the trust and directly manage a team of 1. We are looking for a strong financial accountant with technical experience, you will support the Regional Finance director with Academy finances and support the Academy senior leadership teams by providing advice and expertise on financial and commercial matters.
My client is a growing trust based in Leeds, Looking to make real-life differences in the lives of the children they work with and judged as highly effective by Ofsted and other relevant bodies.
As a Finance Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Provide high-quality financial advice and guidance to Business Managers, budget holders and the Senior Leadership Team
- Support the Regional Finance Director in monitoring all budgets and the production of monthly management reports complying with financial regulations and public procurement regulations
- Support the Regional Finance Director in the preparation and implementation of financial forecasts, business plans, reports and returns
- Update, monitor and maintain the Academy's financial policies and procedures, ensuring all staff comply with them and that they are compliant with the Trust's own policies and procedures
- Support the Regional Finance Director to ensure that the finance systems reflect the latest accurate position, month-end close and finalisation of management reports
- Preparation of the annual budget in accordance with the requirements of the Governing Body and the Trust.
- Oversee cash management systems, ensuring that internal controls covering the handling of cash are robust.
Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Prepare monthly accounts and reconciliations necessary to support the monthly management accounts
- Ensure the Academy remains compliant with VAT requirements, including monitoring the Academy's VAT status and ensuring that VAT returns are submitted in line with guidelines and those of the Trust
- Attend and present financial management reports and budgets to Local Governing Council meetings (including Sub-committee meetings)
- Support the Regional Finance Director in the coordination of the external and internal audit teams
- Managing the payroll function to provide an efficient and effective payroll service
- Ensure accurate pension administration and be the link to Local Government Pensions Scheme and Teacher Pension schemes
- Be responsible for the required audits associated with payroll e.g. Teachers Pension Scheme audit;
- Ensure that all internal and external financial returns are made on time.
- Be responsible for the line management of finance staff including performance management and development
The successful Finance Manager will be:
- Fully Qualified Accountant - ACA/CIPFA/ACCA/CIMA
- Prior experience in a senior finance role with line management responsibilities
- Proven track record of building strong personal relationships and credibility at senior level across all internal functions
- Strong commercial acumen and strategic thinking ability
- Able to manage conflicting priorities and changing requirements in line with Trust values and principles.
- Up-to-date knowledge of financial standards and legislation
- Excellent leadership, communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
What is on offer for the successful Finance Manager:
- Competitive salary of £51,000 - £59,000 (pay award pending)
- Flexible working
- Local government pension schemes
- 31 days holiday + bank holiday
- Access to Cooperative Flexible Benefits
- Free Flu Vaccine
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Travel season ticket loans
- 24-hour access to free health and well being support
- Discounted gym membership