Statutory & Tax Accountant
As an accounting analyst at IBM you’ll be a key player in all aspects of strategic payments planning. You will make significant contributions to high-profile operational initiatives as the business continues to grow globally.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Accounting Kuala Lumpur (IAKL), which commenced operations in Malaysia in 1994, provides world-class accounting services, demonstrating its outstanding leadership in supporting the Accounting processes and analysis, financial systems, and process controls for the Asia Pacific.
- Prepare accurate, timely, and compliant annual statutory financial statements
- Perform adequate analysis to ensure the accuracy of the Statutory financial statements
- Prepare accurate and timely tax reports, tax provision file, and record the direct tax-related adjustments
- Work with PwC/non-PwC auditors to coordinate the statutory and audit-related audit work
- Provide Statutory and Direct Tax Accounting support to the IBM stakeholders
- Act as a trusted business advisor for Statutory and Direct Tax Accounting matters
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Candidates must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/ Accounting/ Banking/ Economics, Commerce, Business Studies/ Administration/ Management (Major in Finance or Accounting will be added advantages)
- Excellent academic achievement with an equivalent First Class Honours degree or a strong Second Class Upper Honours (Minimum CGPA 3.0)
- Strong people and communication skills
- Able to quickly absorb professional knowledge
- Have proficient IT skills to perform the job required
- A motivated and results-driven individual with initiative
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Candidates who have knowledge of additional languages such as Mandarin, Japanese or Korean are an added advantage.