Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner is responsible for ensuring that budget holders understand their research grant financial performance, including performance drivers, opportunities, and risks, and that they are held accountable for this performance. This role will assist them in making strategic, tactical, and operational decisions based on clear and robust financial data.
Central London university believes that diversity of views allows them to do the previously inconceivable. Through academic brilliance, we have promoted social justice and enhanced people's lives throughout our history. They still live and breathe this spirit today, because of what it allows us to achieve and the intellectual brilliance it provides.
- Ensure that annual capital and revenue budgets, quarterly projections, and long-term plans are complete, robust, and completely understood by key budget holders.
- Maintain budget and forecast information in the appropriate budget management systems, ensuring that it is up to date and that it reconciles with overall budgets and projections.
- Ensure that reconciliations, including balance sheet reconciliations, are examined monthly and that they are correct and up to date, and that any issues are investigated as needed.
- Support senior leadership in the provision of analysis for monthly management reporting, as well as the production of budgets, forecasts, and the 5-year plan.
- Regular report review, to ensure they continue to meet the needs of budget holders and align with wider financial management team processes and systems.
- Work with the rest of the Financial Management team to develop and share best practises, and to ensure that working practises are consistent across Financial Management where possible.
- Support, mentor, and develop more junior members of the Financial Management Team, including line management as needed.
- Fully CIMA/ACCA/CIPFA qualified with good verbal and writing communication abilities.
- Experience designing and contributing to financial and non-financial plans.
- Experience in the field of higher education.
- Knowledge of best practises in finance, including how to handle a business partnering model with dual reporting lines.
- £52,549 - £58,595 per annum.
- Hybrid working including minimum 2 days per week.
- Local Government Pension Scheme