Business Services Senior - Chartered Accountants
A leading accountancy practice based in Epsom has a requirement for a qualified ACCA /ACA, or suitably practice experienced accountant to join their team and firm as a Business Services Senior Accountant , in a role offering excellent progression and develop potential.
The Epsom office of this highly regarded firm of accountants focuses on servicing and building relationships with growing OMBs, SMEs and limited company clients, alongside a very varied industry client base of sole traders, partnerships and limited companies looking to grow and partner with their accountants. Clients are wide ranging in industry sectors with clients up into the hundreds of thousands of turnover, with larger clients well into the millions in turnover up the audit threshold. There is a team of professionals, varying in level, background and experience supporting the managerial and director group and they are looking for a key addition to bolster this team and work closely with them. The firm offers excellent support and training for those pursuing qualifications.
Joining as an Accounts and Business Services senior, you will be based from the firms Epsom offices. You will be responsible for the preparation of accounts and general practice services to a varied client base with a large focus on cloud accounting solutions. Therefore, a hands on, technical accounting background preparing accounts, for clients ranging in size from small sole traders, partnerships and limited companies below the audit threshold in turnover is of key interest.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Cloud software such as Xero, Kashflow, Quickbooks, sage 50 etc.
- Preparing financial statements for limited companies, partnerships and sole traders up to the audit threshold
- Preparing tax computations.
- Providing bookkeeping services.
- Filing Companies House and HM Revenue & Customs documents on client's behalf.
- Ensuring that accounting records for clients are maintained and kept up to date.
- Dealing with the preparation and completion of quarterly VAT returns.
- Comply with internal policies and procedures, ethical standards and regulatory requirements.
- Overseeing the work of,and support junior members of the team.
- Business Development, networking and marketing of the practice.
You will be any of AAT, ACA or ACCA part qualified, recently qualified or experienced only. You will have a background within the accountancy practice sector as a Business Services Semi - Senior / Senior, or equivalent similar level having developed experience across accounts preparation, tax and providing other accounting services to varied limited company, sole trade and partnership clients and be looking to further your career in the profession in a firm and role offering excellent development and progression potential.
Salary circa £35,000 - £47,000 depending on experience and qualification status.
Competitive benefits package with opportunities to further progress and develop your career internally.