Accounts Semi-Senior - Growing Independent Practice
In this role you will be expected to be comfortable with preparing accounts, tax, bookkeeping, managing accounts and providing other general practice services. There is also a requirement of building new client relationships while maintaining current relationships.
Based in Maidstone, this reputable and successful accountancy practice acts for a variety of clients, providing services across the range of accounts, tax, bookkeeping, payroll, VAT, management accounts and outsourced accounting and payroll, alongside other specialist services. You will join a close-knit team, where you will be encouraged and supported to develop your career.
As a semi senior accountant, you will be required to:
- Prepare financial statements for limited companies and sole traders from trial balance stage and incomplete records
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and existing clients
- Work and liaise with other members within the audit and accounts team
- Preparation, review and presentation of client management information as required
- Calculation and filing of some client VAT returns as required
- Addressing and discussing with clients any technical accounting issues identified during the course of client work
- Developing junior assistants in the team by on the job training and helping with their work
You will be AAT qualified, and either be looking to begin the ACCA or part qualified. You will need a minimum of 18 months experience working in an accountancy practice, alongside experience managing a variety of clients.
Salary circa £24,000 - £30,000 per annum depending on experience and qualification status.
Competitive benefits package