Bookkeeper - Leading Accountancy Firm
A great opportunity for a bookkeeper to join a highly successful and growing practice in the Elmbridge area. Join as a key addition with increasing responsibility and development on offer in this growing firm. Xero experience is essential.
This longstanding and well-reputed Accountancy Practice based in Esher is looking to recruit a Bookkeeper to add to its growing team. With the practice being well known for internal development and progression, the reason for vacancy is due to well sustained natural growth.
For the role of Bookkeeper, you will be allocated a portfolio of clients to which a bookkeeping service will be required on either a monthly or quarterly basis. The person would be responsible for ensuring that the books are obtained from the client and that all VAT and reporting deadlines are met.
You will have good knowledge of auto-enrolment and be able to deal with monthly CIS returns. Knowledge of the CIS domestic reverse charge for VAT is also desirable.
A working knowledge of Sage Line 50 and Sage Business Cloud, QuickBooks & Xero.
You will be able to take bookkeeping to a fully reconciled trial balance stage ready for account preparation.
The ideal candidate will be;
- Ideally AAT qualified or studying, but qualified by experience will also be considered.
- Minimum of 18 months experience in practice in a similar role.
- Good practical knowledge of Accounting Software, especially with regards to Xero.
- Be able to work under own initiative, manage their time productively, communicate with client's and assist them with improvements to their record keeping.
- Be able to calculate VAT and run VAT returns as and when required.
Salary circa £25,000 - £30,000 depending on experience and qualification status.
Full study support (if required).
If you would like any extra information on the benefits package, or the role itself, please call Joseph Potter on 07773478653.