Manager - Corporate Secretarial
DescriptionWhether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow.It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible.Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & SummaryA career in our Company Secretariat practice, within Legal Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients adopt a more strategic approach to global entity governance across their organisations. We help our clients and their legal entities with the incorporation of new companies, ongoing compliance with local legislation, and restructuring of their global businesses to manage governance and compliance risks.
Our team helps our clients ensure they are compliant with statutory obligations based on best practice and amended rules and regulations. You’ll help clients with board compliance and governance, corporate governance consultancy services, and health checks based on client’s secretarial arrangements.
- Responsible for overall operational effectiveness of the unit by initiating process reviews and improvements
- Manage portfolio of clients, including attending to client’s board meetings, incorporation of companies, registration of foreign branches / representative offices, etc.
- Provide advice to clients on corporate secretarial matters
- Manage client’s deliverables to ensure that agreed timelines are met
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies, and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- ICSA holders
- Min 7-8 years working experience in the related field
- Possess high degree of professionalism and integrity, ability to communicate with various level of management, and keen to work in consulting and client-facing environment.
Additional application instructions
Please attach following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Certificates and transcripts, from SPM (or equivalent) onwards
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size photo
Travel RequirementsUp to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?No
Government Clearance Required?YesFor further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.