Project Accelerator Associate (PwC Acceleration Centre Kuala Lumpur)
DescriptionWhether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow. It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible. Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & Summary
A career within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you’ll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients’ information.
PwC’s Acceleration Center Assurance Solutions Team is looking to add value to Assurance engagement teams by providing standardized project management processes and deliverables, optimization of tools, and centralization of the project management efforts via integration of a “Project Accelerator” in order to improve engagement efficiency, effectiveness and ultimately quality for our Trust Assurance engagements.
The Project Accelerator Associate will work closely with the Project Accelerator Senior Associates and Managers, the US engagement team (ET) and the Remote Team Member (RTM) Manager and the rest of the engagement team to own project management responsibilities on the engagement, allowing more time for ET /RTM Managers to perform timely reviews, coach staff, and manage audit issues.
The Acceleration Center is the Demand-side strategy and execution partner to the Lines of Service for centralized client service work. We provide the specialization, capabilities and operations to automate and scale differentiated services with quality, enhanced productivity and profitability. The Acceleration Centers will seamlessly connect with the engagement teams and professionals in the practice to innovate, automate and digitally deliver work.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor Degree Minimum Years of Experience: 0 year(s)
Preferred Fields of Study: Finance, Accounting, Management Information Systems, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Computer and Information Science, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Information Science, Economics, Economics and Finance, Economics and Finance & Technology, Business Administration/Management, Engineering, Accounting & Technology, Technology Mathematics, Statistics, Mathematical Statistics, and/or other relevant degrees.
Preferred Certifications: Relevant professional qualifications such as PMI Certification (or similar Project Management certification)
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or proven record of success in the following areas:
- Identifying opportunities to enhance and/or automate tools and templates, and assist with the research and evaluation of those opportunities to drive standardized delivery of service offerings; and,
- Addressing creatively business challenges through the use of software tools;
- Managing projects with effective prioritization/time management skill in order to handle multiple projects simultaneously;
- Using written and verbal communication skills, including problem/conflict resolution;
- Creating professional networks (internal and external) and building relationships at all levels of seniority and lines of the organization;
- Exercising appropriate judgment regarding confidential and sensitive information; using judgment to see the long-term impact of issues/ideas;
- Keeping stakeholders informed, including initiating and maintaining positive working relationships; -
- Leveraging and developing relationships to become a trustworthy and reliable resource capable of influencing stakeholder decisions;
- Using technology to enhance, automate. and/or standardize processes to increase efficiencies;
- Possess knowledge of the audit process and understanding of fiscal planning, management, engagement economics, and budgeting;.
- Have knowledge and understanding of project management concepts, methodologies, and tools;
- Have experience analyzing and aggregating project and program-level metrics into executive-level dashboards and/or status reports;
- Have the ability to perform structured and objective analysis & develop recommendation / make decisions given incomplete and conflicting information;
- Have the ability to prioritize and perform work with minimum direction in a complex, diverse environment with rapidly changing priorities;
- Have proficient communication skills (both verbal and written) that enable clear, effective, persistent yet tactful and tailored interaction with varied audiences (upward & downward), with sensitivity to culture;
- Sustain attention to detail to ensure high accuracy;
- Self-starter; ability to anticipate needs and define a path forward with minimal guidance;
- Self-learner, ability to use Firm resources to upskill; focusing on the project management functionality of the Assurance tools (i.e., Aura, Connect, FlexForecast); and
- Technically competent with software including but not limited to Google G-Suite and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Tableau, and Alteryx
- Fluent English speaker
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage and ensure the timely delivery of projects by developing (as applicable) the project plan (with the engagement team’s assistance), assessing risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team;
- Track progress of the project against the plan and reporting on status to key stakeholders;
- Schedule and lead, as necessary, internal taking stock or huddle US/RTM team meetings. Provide feedback on the status of the project to the team at agreed points, such as the taking stock meeting;
- Monitor that required US/RTM engagement team members will be available at the right time to complete the audit work;
- Develop positive working relationships with audit team members (on site US team members, specialists, and Remote Team Members (RTMs)) and the client (as applicable);
- Maintain record of team huddle meetings and matters discussed, including actions to be taken. Update the team’s project plan and other tools (Aura, Connect, etc) to reflect changes to actions and responsibilities;
- Recommend, as applicable, project process improvements to improve effectiveness and quality of the project;
- Act as the focal point of information relating to the achievement of the project plan (for example, the project accelerator uses information received from the team to help achieve visibility of the project status and support good knowledge sharing practices.);
- Coordinate US/RTM engagement team members’ access to tools, client systems, Google drives, etc;
- Assists the engagement team, including RTMs, with any other administrative/logistics matter;
- Timely Escalates issues to appropriate stakeholders and proposes solutions;
- Own inventory of engagement templates that need to be roll forward and perform template roll forwards for these (i.e., engagement letters, representation letters, opinions);
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.