Project Accelerator Senior Associate (PwC Acceleration Center Kuala Lumpur)
Whether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow.
It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible.
Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & SummaryA career within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you’ll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients’ information.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex project management issues from strategy to execution.
PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights as to the health of the project.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
The Project Accelerator Senior Associate will work closely with the US engagement team (ET) and the Remote Team Member (RTM) Manager and the rest of the engagement team, including RTMs to own project management responsibilities on the engagement, allowing more time for ET /RTM Managers to perform timely reviews, coach staff, and manage audit issues.
The Acceleration Center is the Demand-side strategy and execution partner to the Lines of Service for centralized client service work. We provide the specialization, capabilities and operations to automate and scale differentiated services with quality, enhanced productivity and profitability. The Acceleration Centers will seamlessly connect with the engagement teams and professionals in the practice to innovate, automate and digitally deliver work.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor Degree Minimum Years of Experience: 4 year(s)
Preferred Fields of Study: Finance, Accounting, Management Information Systems, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Computer and Information Science, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Information Science, Economics, Economics and Finance, Economics and Finance & Technology, Business Administration/Management, Engineering, Accounting & Technology, Technology Mathematics, Statistics, Mathematical Statistics, and/or other relevant degrees.
Preferred Certifications: Relevant professional qualifications such as PMI Certification (or similar Project Management certification)
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or proven record of success in the following areas:
- Possess knowledge of the audit process and must have a deep understanding of fiscal planning, management, engagement economics, and budgeting.
- Have knowledge and understanding of project management concepts, methodologies, and tools;
- Have experience analyzing and aggregating project and program-level metrics into executive-level dashboards and/or status reports;
- Have the ability to perform structured and objective analysis & develop recommendation / make decisions given incomplete and conflicting information;
- Have the ability to prioritize and perform work with minimum direction in a complex, diverse environment with rapidly changing priorities;
- Have proficient communication skills (both verbal and written) that enable clear, effective, persistent yet tactful and tailored interaction with varied audiences (upward & downward), with sensitivity to culture;
- Have the ability to effectively facilitate complex subject matter (regardless of expertise) to elicit required information and enable effective decision making as well as provide alternative solutions
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or proven record of success in the following areas:
- Coaching and mentoring to team members in person and/or virtually;
- Leading and supervising (in person and/or virtually) a team to perform the tasks assigned by the established due date focusing the efforts of a group of people toward a common goal and enabling them to work as a team.
- Using written and verbal communication skills, including problem/conflict resolution;
- Creating professional networks (internally, with US members, and across other Acceleration Centers) and building relationships at all levels of seniority and lines of the organization to aid in business development;
- Keep stakeholders informed, including initiating and maintaining positive working relationships;
- Demonstrating exceptional time management and organizational skills to ensure the timely completion of the project within budget.
- Sustain attention to detail to ensure high accuracy;
- Self-starter; ability to anticipate needs and define a path forward with minimal guidance.
- Self-learner, ability to use Firm resources to upskill; focusing on the project management functionality of the Assurance tools (i.e., Aura, Connect, Flex Forecast); and
- Technically competent with software including but not limited to Google G-Suite and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Tableau, and Alteryx
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and support the implementation of standardized audit project management activities across the Acceleration Centers;
- Manage and ensure the timely delivery of audit projects by developing (as applicable) the project plan (with the engagement team’s assistance), assessing risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team;
- Track progress of the project against the plan and reporting on status to key stakeholders (including US Partners);
- Supervising the Project Accelerator Associates (as applicable) to ensure established project management goals are achieved;
- Schedule and lead, as necessary, internal taking stock or huddle US/RTM team meetings. Provide feedback on the status of the project to the team at agreed points, such as the taking stock meeting;
- Oversee the project accelerator associates workload (as applicable) to ensure an appropriate balance of personal and work commitments;
- Organize the US/RTM engagement team (as applicable) to make sure that work is allocated to the right people and the right people attend the right meetings;
- Monitor that required US/RTM engagement team members will be available at the right time to complete the audit work;
- Develop positive working relationships with audit team members (on site US team members, specialists, and Remote Team Members (RTMs)) and the client (as applicable);
- Maintain record of team huddle meetings and matters discussed, including actions to be taken. Update the team’s project plan and other tools (Aura, Connect, etc) to reflect changes to actions and responsibilities;
- Recommend, as applicable, project process improvements to improve effectiveness and quality of the project;
- Act as the focal point of information relating to the achievement of the project plan (for example, the project accelerator uses information received from the team to help achieve visibility of the project status and support good knowledge sharing practices.);
- Coordinate US/RTM engagement team members’ access to tools, client systems, Google drives, etc;
- Assists the engagement team, including RTMs, with any other administrative/logistics matter;
- Timely escalates issues to appropriate stakeholders and drives resolution.
- Own inventory of engagement templates that need to be roll forward (i.e., engagement letters, representation letters, opinions);
- Ability to work outside local working hours
- Ability to lead and supervise the team to perform the tasks assigned by the established due date focusing the efforts of a group of people toward a common goal and enabling them to work as a team;
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)English
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.