Manager/Senior Manager, Accounting Policy - Expression of Interest
“At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let’s discuss what this means for you”
Please note – We are seeking Expressions of Interest within this team for future vacancies. Successful candidates will be contacted for a further conversation around suitability.
In Financial Services, we support the Group’s strategy of building tomorrow’s bank today for our customers, through a focus on three key priorities of trust, resilience and capital generation. Financial Services partner with all areas of CommBank to specialist advice, support and services in finance, audit, treasury, property, procurement, climate strategy and investor relations.
See yourself in our team
Group Accounting Policy is a specialist team with the Statutory and Regulatory Reporting team ensuring the Group has adequate accounting policies to support external reporting requirements and business unit support for complex transactions.
Do work that matters
Your role is to support the Group CFO, Executive Leadership Team and the Board in making efficient and confident decisions on complex accounting matters, engaging external audit and ensuring sound accounting advice is provided in line with international accounting standards.
Some of the key areas you will be providing support and leadership across include:
- Ensuring the accounting policies and practices of the organization are followed;
- Working closely with internal auditors and external auditors and other financial professionals ensuring that practices are in line with the overall goals of the organization.
This role is wide reaching and not prescriptive in every sense. Discretion and sound judgment is critically important.
We are open to considering an experienced Manager or a Senior Manager level candidate for this role.
- Overseeing and evaluating the activities of the accounting staff, and providing for their professional development.
- Analysing and solving accounting problems.
- Preparing or leading preparation of reports which summarize and forecast business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings, based on past, present and expected operations.
- Producing/reviewing accurate and timely financial reports, for internal and external use, in accordance with accounting standards.
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct sets the standards of behaviour, actions and decisions we expect from our people.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have:
- Strong analytical and commercial acumen, with demonstrated ability to draw insights from accounting analysis
- Attention to detail and quality with good knowledge of international accounting standards
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously
- Innovative and able to drive results
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills and critical thinking skills
We support our people with the flexibility to balance where work is done with at least half their time each month connecting in office. We also have many other flexible working options available including changing start and finish times, part-time arrangements and job share to name a few. Talk to us about how these arrangements might work in the role you are interested in.
Is this your next challenge, apply Now!
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest, x15ventures), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 18/10/2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.