Accounting Senior Analyst
At CommBank, we never lose sight of the role we play in other people’s financial wellbeing. Our focus is to help people and businesses move forward, to progress. To make the right financial decisions and achieve their dreams, targets and aspirations. Regardless of where you work within our organisation, your initiative, talent, ideas and energy all contribute to the impact that we can make with our work. Together we can achieve great things.
Role: Senior Accounting Analyst
Job Location: Bangalore, Manyata Tech Park (hybrid working must)
Years of experience: 4-6 years
The Financial Services division, led by the Group CFO, partners with all areas of the Commonwealth Bank Group to provide financial control functions and specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, security and property.
Technology Finance is responsible for the provision of financial management services to the Technology Business Unit.
We work closely with Technology customers to help them understand their technology costs and delivery of current and future strategic and financial plans, and drive transformation activities.
The Centre of Excellence team is a new capability in Technology Finance. It is being established to improve the team’s value proposition via uplifting the standard and business outcome for core finance processes through driving digitization and automation.
Your reporting lines
You will be reporting to the Finance Manager, Centre of Excellence of CBA India (based locally in Bangalore). You will be a key member of one of the implementation squad in the Centre of Excellence team and will work closely with members in other squads and leaders across the Technology Finance team.
- Facilitate and support the processing of general accounting activities for Technology Finance, including the delivery of:
- Financial control and reconciliation.
- Transactional processing including preparation of leadership packs and journal processing.
- Operational support for key finance systems.
- Project accounting support.
- Drive process improvement culture with focus on simplifying processes in Technology finance and the wider Financial Services business unit.
- Collaborating with others both in and outside of your team to achieve common goals.
- Key participant to build a strong team and generate strong support within Tech & Ops and the wider Financial Services function to embrace and embed the changes.
- Undertaking all activities in accordance with CBA’s values and Code of Conduct to support the Group’s vision.
- Contribute to achieving and sustaining a collegiate team with a common focus and purpose by establishing effective working relationships with other divisional and functional leaders.
Your skills & experience
- Qualified CA / CPA
- 4-6 years’ experience in finance and accounting industry.
- Experience in a Finance Centre of Excellence team with strong track record in driving automation, process improvement and change delivery.
- Strong understanding of Technology Business Management, gained in either a similar role and/or an IT Finance or IT Business Manager role.
- Strong stakeholder management, communication skills and demonstrated ability to align cross-functional teams.
- Relevant degree in Finance, Business and/or Technology.
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest, x15ventures), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 05/10/2023For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.