Financial Reporting Consultant | Oversight - Hybrid
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 24,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
The Global Fund Services business is one of the fastest growing areas in Northern Trust, offering a comprehensive suite of fund products and services to Asset Managers worldwide.
The role is within Northern Trust’s growing UK Fund Accounting team. This team looks after more than 10% of all UK Authorised Funds for numerous Fund Management clients. The role is to work within a centralised Financial Reporting oversight team. The successful applicant will be responsible for the oversight and sign off of all client’s Report & Accounts and distributions whereby the production of these functions is located in another jurisdiction.
The key Responsibilities of the Role
- To oversee, review & sign off financial accounts and other reporting deliverables produced by another jurisdiction’s UT, OEIC, ACS, CAIF and Investment Trust. This will include sign-off of XD working papers, distribution rates and proofing of accounts to the required SORP and accounting standard.
- Communicate professionally & effectively with other NT Departments, Trustees/Depositaries, Custodians, Auditors, and Clients (the Fund Management Companies to which we provide a service), ensuring that they are more than satisfied at all times.
- To deliver a quality service to our clients and take the necessary corrective and preventative actions to ensure all KPI deadlines and quality standards are met.
- Support the development of the production jurisdiction and actively provide feedback on performance to local managers.
- Continually assess the oversight team’s processes to improve efficiency, reduce risk or cost, as well as assisting in the enhancement of revised departmental procedures for use as a training tool.
Skills / Experience
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- The applicant should currently hold a senior analyst or senior accountant position, or previously held that position within another financial services environment.
- As an absolute minimum the job holder should have passed the required FCA Training & Competence exams (or have been “Grandfathered”); however, additional accounting qualifications are expected.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for liaising with other members within their team, other internal department, Trustees/Depositaries, Custodians,
- Auditors and the Fund Management Companies to which we provide a service.
- Able to work under pressure to achieve the timetabled deadlines for delivery to our client’s deliverables, with a mature approach.
- Possess strong written skills with numerical and computer literacy - including strong spreadsheet skills with Excel plus Word, Lotus Notes and InvestOne Enterprise.
- A good knowledge of the FCA regulations pertaining to Unit Trusts, OEICs, ACS and CIFs i.e. COLL, and the most recent IA SORP.
- Knowledge of UK GAAP/IFRS accounting, along with the regulations pertaining to Investment Trusts is also preferable.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.