Finance Business Partner - Pricing
As Finance Business Partner for Pricing you will have an exciting opportunity to play a critical part in the development and implementation of Group and divisional strategy, with specific focus on client profitability and pricing, contributing directly to our ambitious profitable growth objectives. You will be responsible for both day to day and longer term analysis, reporting and execution of profitability improvement.
My client are a market leading Legal services business who are about to embark on a period of growth and acquisition. There are a number of areas that the business is strategically focusing on, including their pricing strategy.
- Deliver excellent service to a variety of key stakeholders via direct involvement in our response to key client bids & tenders and other high-impact commercial and investment proposals, performing sophisticated analysis and profitability modelling.
- Work alongside divisional management, the Bids Team and Client Relationship Partners to ensure a continued focus on margin improvement and profitable growth.
- Conducting proactive client assessments to ensure the Pricing approach is being effectively managed by the Client Relationship Partner and Senior Management teams.
- Regular review and monitoring of client financial performance with in depth reviews where required aimed specifically at improving profitability.
- Develop channels through which the Partners can access and understand the profitability of their matters and client accounts, as well as best practice from others, prompting them to develop and own remedial actions to improve profitability.
- Passionately drive financial efficiency, supporting the senior pricing manager and senior management teams in guiding the business to allocate resources effectively with rigorous pressure on costs and a commitment to a value-for-money approach.
- Manage the process to identify and monitor the dates of panel agreements, tender renewals and price increase opportunities.
- Ensuring increased control of pricing agreements, consistency of offerings, and increased visibility of governance around pricing.
- Promoting and educating the fee earning community of good practice and behaviors that positively influence profitability.
- Experience in a commercial finance role, ideally from a professional services sector. Being skilled in tackling the challenges associated with a business that has a variety of different delivery models (including large multi-year tenders) would also be preferable.
- The ability to translate data, outcomes and learnings into a body of knowledge that helps shape both the division and groups overall commercial / pricing strategy, whilst educating and supporting the business to understand the drivers behind improving profitability.
- Advanced level of expertise in data interrogation, financial modelling and data visualisation in order to present findings to senior stakeholders. Familiarity with the challenges of managing multi-country financial reporting and systems, as well as different cultures would also be preferable.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrable experience of building strong and robust relationships. A proven track record in having influenced key stakeholders to positively drive business performance.
- Good organisation skills with the ability to use own initiative and a proactive attitude.
- High level of attention to detail with a significant emphasis on quality of work and a customer centric mind-set.
- Team player and a flexible can do attitude.
A competitive salary, great working culture with ample of flexibility. My client are only in the office 1 day a week.