ERP Analytics Assistant Manager
We’re looking for an innovative manager to join us and lead the delivery of data analytics and technology solutions on some of our largest and most complex external Audit and Assurance engagements which typically use a global ERP system e.g., SAP or Oracle to provide assurance and confidence over financial and operational metrics.
You will join KPMG’s rapidly growing and fast-paced Clara team and lead data analytics projects across a broad portfolio of our largest global and most complex audit engagements.
We’re a team of enthusiastic, talented, and innovative people from a diverse set of backgrounds in Audit, technology, and industry who are motivated by delivering high-quality and high-impact data and technology solutions to enhance the experience of the professionals and Audit and Assurance entities we serve.
We’re constantly investing in the development of our people through professional training, coaching, and a culture of high support – high challenge as well as maintaining our market leading capability by leveraging leading cloud-based technology and building select software relationships for Analytics, Automation, Process Mining & AI, to accelerate at pace and anticipate tomorrow – today.
What do we do?
The Clara team takes end-to-end responsibility for idea generation, incubation, project management, implementation & delivery, and value realisation of data analytics and technology solutions within the context of our Audit and Assurance portfolio and are at the heart of delivering KPMG’s Audit of the future.
What people are saying?
“Clara is where you can redefine who you are and where you want to go. Since joining the team 5 years ago, I’ve developed from a data analyst into a product manager, helping to digitally transform the way audits are run. Our partnership with Microsoft makes it exciting to explore the most advanced technology and ensures that with each new project, anything is possible.” James M. Clara Manager
“The variety of work projects I’ve been involved in have allowed me to find what I enjoy most and develop these skills, tailoring my work towards my skill set and goals, no two engagements are the same and I learn so much from each experience! With the support of the team, Clara have helped me in my apprenticeship by finding relevant projects for my study and flexibility in balancing study and work.” Sam R. Clara Apprentice
“I get to work in a collaborative and supportive environment where I feel valued and I see a clear opportunity for progression in the firm, whilst also doing something I really enjoy. You are able to define your own career path guided by your interests, as there are a wide variety of different opportunities and projects available to you as well as access to different training materials and certifications which you can undertake.” Tatiana D. Clara Manager
- Work with entities to retrieve, prepare and process data from a variety of sources
- Bring to life analytics and technology solutions to solve complex problems
- Manage diverse teams with an output orientated working model including budgeting and scoping
- Review working documents to explain the approach taken
- Perform QA procedures on data analytics outputs to meet KPMG’s rigorous quality standards
- Cultivate collaborative relationships and network with Audit and Assurance stakeholders
- Support the growth of the Clara team through supporting development of innovative solutions and ‘blue sky thinking’
- Increase the quality of KPMG’s Audit and Assurance services by working with teams to identify relevant opportunities to deploy data analytics and technology solutions
- Contribute to people management by promoting a culture of coaching, inspiring others, prioritising wellbeing and career development within the team
Technical core competencies required for the role
Our Global Audit & Assurance Technical core competencies provide clarity and consistency of expectations to ensure the minimum audit technical requirements are being met by level to drive Audit Quality, which is fundamental to achieving our ambition to become the most trusted and trustworthy firm. The relevant competencies for this role are:
- Technology skills: Uses firm-approved audit tools and innovative technology solutions to increase audit quality, productivity, and data insights.
- Engagement management: Manages and executes the engagement, including project management, team management, and remediation of deviations from the audit plan and timeline.
- Evaluation of audit results: Evaluates evidence from audit procedures to determine if audit objectives were achieved.
- Documentation: Completes audit documentation demonstrating an unwavering focus on audit quality.
People & Culture
- Embrace and embed our culture ambition of high challenge, high support which is grounded in Our Values.
- Operate with a curious and sceptical mindset ensuring that this is embedded in your everyday work.
- Actively lead and embed a coaching culture to get the best out of others in an environment where everyone in the team feels empowered to speak up or challenge where appropriate.
- Be accountable, professional and act in the public interest, working for the benefit of shareholders of audited entities and wider society.
- Be inclusive and embrace the opportunity to work with other teams within Audit and across the firm in an integrated way. Have a sense of community, purpose, and fun.
- Proven experience of managing data analytics projects (i.e. ETL, Analytics, and visualisation solutions) on an ERP system
- Competent in at least one modern programming language, such as SQL (preferred) or Python/PySpark
- Competent in at least one visualisation package such as PowerBI (preferred), Celonis or Tableau
- Big 4 professional services environment (or those with similar skills gained in industry) experience.
- Identifying the root cause of issues, and advising or Auditing an entity on the impact and recommendation for this
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including being able to communicate and present to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- ACA/ ACCA / ICAS qualification (or international equivalent) finance qualification
- SAP / Oracle certification
- Azure/ AWS certification