About the Role
What you'll be doing:
We're currently recruiting a dedicated Mess Treasurer to help ensure the smooth running of the operations in Defence on a part time basis, contracted to 18 hours per week.
As a Mess Treasurer, you will use your skills to maintain a high standard of quality work. In return, you will have the chance to progress your career with a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
More about the role:
Could you bring your spark to Defence? Here's what you need to know before applying:
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Open and action any post received
- Communicate with the relevant committee members ensuring to document content of conversation and date.
- Answer queries received from individuals regarding Mess ensuring to document content of conversation and date
- Understand any accounting or IT support provided either written or by telephone
- Be aware of the Contract regarding time scales
- Be aware of and adhere to Company time scales
- Ensure the security of any money held in respect of the Mess Accounts
- Mess Bills including membership, charges, issuing, payments, pursuing aged debts
- Receipts including cash & cheque takings, bank data entries, direct debits, credit cards
- Banks & cash management and all payments
- Functions including collating all costs to be charged, finalizing costs and recovery
- Period End accounts
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- To help with the cost of living crisis, Compass will be providing a free meal or equivalent Subsidy while working
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Quick access for you and your immediate family to a Digital GP, and wider healthcare benefits
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
What we’ll give:
Mess Treasurer - HMNB Clyde WO & Sgts mess Hotel Services
- £13 per hour
- 18 hours per week
Who you are:
Our ideal Mess Treasurer will:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and able to work to tight deadlines
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity, reliability
- High attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills
Part of Compass Group UK&I, ESS is the Defence, Government, and Energy services sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. We support 250+ UK military establishments, high profile police, secure environments and government sites, along with a range of onshore and offshore facilities including platforms, drilling rigs, floatels and offices for the energy sector. We know that a friendly face makes all the difference, so we look for people who are passionate about delivering excellent customer service, at all levels, to join our teams.
Compass Group UK&I wants everyone in our business to feel able to be themselves at work and to have an equal opportunity to progress their career. We want to create a culture where we respect and embrace everyone's talents, beliefs, backgrounds, and abilities. Where our colleagues feel valued, can reach their full potential, and thrive - Diversity is Our Strength!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.