What you'll be doing:
Are you a finance virtuoso with a keen eye for detail and a passion for precision? Do you excel in managing financial operations with finesse? If you're ready to take the next step in your career, we have an extraordinary opportunity for you! Compass Group is seeking an exceptional Finance Manager to join our elite team at Barnett Hospital.
Compass Group is a global leader in providing outstanding food and support services, making a difference in the lives of millions of customers daily. Our commitment to excellence extends beyond the kitchen to include the financial backbone of our operations. Join us in delivering financial brilliance at Barnett Hospital.
More about the role:
Could you bring your spark to Healthcare? Here's what you need to know before applying:
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide day-to-day support and business partnering to Contract Directors and their wider teams to support financial decision making and client requirements.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with multiple stakeholders, understanding and negotiating their expectations and aligning priorities in line with business needs.
- Finance lead for contract retender and pre-emptive renegotiations including scenario modelling. Support Map 1 Business Partner to optimise bid pricing in competitive tenders as and when required.
- Lead month-end close and reporting process to deadline while ensuring accounting in line with relevant accounting standards and company policies.
- Lead monthly business review meetings, challenging operators on performance and driving actions to mitigate risks. Monthly consolidation, upward reporting and presentation of cluster results to Business Director and Regional Finance Manager.
- Preparation of annual budgets and periodic forecasts, challenging operational performance, understanding, and reporting key variances
- Responsible for budget and forecast cycles working closely with Contract Directors to set appropriate yet challenging targets. Understand and support central initiatives and budget overlays.
- Responsible for balance sheet within cluster and ensuring that adequate financial controls are in place. Evaluate and make recommendation on approval of CAPEX, OPEX and cost savings initiatives.
- Leadership responsibilities for a team of Contract Finance Managers and their wider teams of administrators.
- Coaching Contract Finance Managers and their teams to improve financial control and performance across key areas as well as supporting personal and professional development
What we’ll give:
Position: Finance Manager
Location: Barnett Hospital, United Kingdom
Salary: £50,000 per annum
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday
We're currently recruiting a dedicated Finance Manager to help ensure the smooth running of the operations in Healthcare on a full time basis, contracted to 40 hours per week.
As a Finance Manager, you will use your skills to maintain a high standard of quality work. In return, you will have the chance to progress your career with a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- To help with the cost of living crisis, Compass will be providing a free meal or equivalent Subsidy while working
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Quick access for you and your immediate family to a Digital GP, and wider healthcare benefits
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive cash rewards every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
Who you are:
Our ideal Finance Manager will:
To be right for us, you will have skills, experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to communicate oral and written information
- Ability to effectively plan and organise own work
- Experience of working in a multi-site environment
- Previous commercial finance experience
- High proficiency with SAP, Cognos, Excel
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities
- Ability to take on a broad spectrum of work under pressure and to deliver in agreed timescales
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check; costs met by the employer.
Part of Compass Group UK&I, Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
Compass Group UK&I wants everyone in our business to feel able to be themselves at work and to have an equal opportunity to progress their career. We want to create a culture where we respect and embrace everyone's talents, beliefs, backgrounds, and abilities. Where our colleagues feel valued, can reach their full potential, and thrive - Diversity is Our Strength!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.