Compliance Associate Director & MLRO
Compliance Associate Director & MLRO, Guernsey
Department: Risk & Compliance
Vacancy type: Permanent
The Compliance Associate Director & MLRO will act as Money Laundering Compliance Officer (“MLRO”) and Compliance Officer for the business and assist the Head of Risk & Compliance, Guernsey with ensuring that Intertrust Guernsey complies with applicable laws, regulations supervisory requirements, internal policies and procedures through internal controls and actions; with the ultimate objective being to provide guidance to the local Directors and protect the Group’s good name and reputation. Ensure that all activities undertaken are in accordance with various laws and regulations pertaining to the Guernsey regulatory licenses.
The key responsibilities for the role are noted below and you will also be expected to undertake any such duties that are deemed a reasonable requirement, for example, leading any relevant projects that are related to the role. In addition, you should act as an Ambassador for Intertrust Guernsey and Group, actively participating in business and social events as required.
Some of the things you’ll be doing
- Act as Compliance Officer, proactively keeping an up-to-date awareness of Guernsey regulatory developments and providing guidance to the Intertrust Guernsey Boards on any action required to meet regulatory developments.
- Act as MLRO, acting as the primary point of contact for receipt of internally submitted Suspicious Activity Reports/Production Orders, assessment and disclosure to Guernsey Financial Intelligence Unit;
- Taking responsibility for internal reporting to the various Boards of Intertrust Guernsey and management information (“MI”) reporting to the wider Intertrust Group.
- Look for enhancements that can be achieved with the MI presented to the local Boards and to the wider Intertrust Group.
- Assist the Risk & Compliance Senior Manager with providing leadership and guidance to the wider members of the Risk & Compliance department in Guernsey.
- Assist the Head of Risk & Compliance to monitor the output from the annual Guernsey Risk Control Self-Assessment and with the organisation of the risk committee.
- Monitor and update internal policies, procedures and controls as required.
- Monitor progress and satisfactory resolution of complaints raised against Intertrust Guernsey.
- Contribute toward the development, content, and oversight of the Compliance Monitoring Plan for Intertrust Guernsey.
- Assist with group projects as required by the Head of Risk & Compliance.
- Assist with the completion of regulatory return as required by the Head of Risk & Compliance.
- Review and follow up of Internal and External Audit/Regulatory reports and recommendations in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the communication with the Guernsey Financial Services Commission and any other authority as required.
- Participate in department/manager meetings to share pertinent information, discuss key projects and provide development opportunities across the department/business.
- Assist with staff development/mentoring and contribute to the department’s technical and practical training requirements by identifying appropriate opportunities for learning.
- Ensure that both the Intertrust internal procedures as well as the Guernsey anti-money laundering and terrorist financing regulations are complied with, to the extent required by your role, and to assist with embedding a strong compliance culture within Intertrust Guernsey.
What technical skills, experience, and qualifications do you need?
- Evidence of relevant experience in regulated finance or professional services.
- Must be able to demonstrate sound management experience.
- Solid understanding of the business and regulations applicable.
- Drive personal development using all the resources available to achieve success.
- Professional Qualification such as ICA Diploma, STEP, ACCA or ICSA.
- Solid IT technical skills.
CSC is a global business, legal, and financial services company based in Wilmington, Delaware, USA, providing knowledge-based solutions to clients worldwide. We have offices and capabilities in over 140 jurisdictions in the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East, and more than 8,000 colleagues. We are the business behind business.®
CSC is committed to creating a diverse and growth-oriented environment where everyone is valued and respected. CSC offers challenging career opportunities and excellent benefits, including annual success-sharing bonuses or commission plans based on individual performance. To learn more, visit cscglobal.com/service/careers.
Visit our careers site to learn more about CSC and our commitment to our clients, communities, and each other.
Disclaimer: The information above describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not intended to describe all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
WHY WORK WITH CSC?
At CSC®, we’re always looking ahead, finding ways to improve and anticipate the future needs of our customers. Curiosity fuels our innovation and productivity drives our results. This proactive mindset has helped us adapt and create solutions that have enabled businesses to run smoother and smarter for more than 120 years.
- CSC is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people whose personal values align with ours. We empower our employees to bring the right solutions to market to meet customer demand. That is why we are the premier provider of global solutions for more than 180,000 businesses.
- CSC is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people.
- We have been voted a Top Workplace every year since 2006.
- We offer challenging work and career opportunities. Most positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
- Employees are eligible for success sharing, bonus, or commission plans based on role and individual performance.
- CSC offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package as part of your Total Rewards that includes annual leave, tuition reimbursement, employee referral bonuses, and more.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.