Accounting & Tax Account Manager (Madrid)
We never ask for payment as part of our selection process, and we always contact candidates via our corporate accounts and platforms. If you are approached for payment, this is likely to be fraudulent. Please check to see whether the role you are interested in is posted here, on our website.
About TMF Group
TMF Group is a leading provider of critical administrative services, helping clients invest and operate safely around the world. We provide legal, financial and employee administration through TMF Group’s teams in 120 offices.
About the role
You will be responsible for the development of the Accounting Officers, and the preparation of the deliverables produced within the team. Moreover, the you will represent the responsive and diligent image of TMF in front of any client or third party, being the client’s first contact person for the assigned accounts.
As an Account Manager at TMF, you will be able to organize your own work as well as assisting the officers’ priorities, being conscious of the urgencies within the whole team’s portfolio. Have communication skills and openness towards the rest of the team is essential to perform with excellence.
This position has full ownership of the client's portfolio, meaning that you must acquire knowledge regarding the their businesses, structure and specific needs, understanding who are the main client contacts and business partners and what are the accounting and tax obligations and deadlines.
- Review booked entries and import files.
- Assist officers with calculations and missing entries.
- Assist in setup and maintenance of client accounting ERP configuration.
- Complete GAAP conversions (mappings).
- Ensure the correctness of the accounting records.
- Review VAT and Withholding tax first drafts. Assist officers with drafts completion
- Validate prepared Intrastat forms and SII reporting if Back Office is not available.
- Prepare CIT and instalments calculations. Prepare CIT first drafts.
- Reconcile populated tax forms prior to submission and submit these.
- Ensures all local taxes and penalties are being duly dealt.
- Assist Team Leader on tax audit management.
- Review transfer orders if Back Office is not available.
- Ensures all transfer orders are being duly dealt.
- Review Annual Accounts first draft and adjust format.
- Review prepared Official Ledgers if Back Office is not available.
- Prepare Consolidation Annual Accounts full package.
- Ensure the submission of the Annual Accounts.
- Prepare client reporting files and other relevant deliverables.
- Calculates cash projections and cash flow statements.
- Agree with clients reporting terms and periodicity.
- Main contact for auditors. Agree time schedules with client and auditors.
- Ensure that initiation and completion of audit meet client schedules.
- Coordinate officers on information gathering.
- Communicate Team Leader whenever their assistance is required.
- Any other activity required for deliverables completion and sending.
- Agree with client billing templates.
- Coordinate review of invoice taxation.
- Review invoice first drafts based on approved by client templates and taxation.
- Participate actively on officers’ training and development process.
- Inform officers about the why’s and the how’s.
- Periodically review if files follow established standards.
- Main contact for clients
- Review INE forms and surveys first draft.
- Review of TMF invoices and contents.
- Participate in the population of department control sheets.
- University's Degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration or similar
- At least 4 years of experience in Accounting & Tax firms or consulting companies
- Excellent knowledge of Local GAAP & Tax compliance; knowledge about US GAAP/IFRS would be considered a plus
- Advanced or proficient English
- Excellent written and communication skills, both in English and local language
- Proficiency in MS Office package, along with experience of local accounting ERPs
- Strong team-playing skills
- Quick-learning and flexibility towards changing environments
- Excellent organization skills and adaptability to a high multitasking environment
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible Schedule
- Hybrid work (60 % remote)
- Medical Insurance
- Flexible Payment Plan
- Birthday leave
- International & Dynamic environment
Applications close: 31 Oct 2023 Romance Standard Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.