Employment Tax Manager - Financial Services - London
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction, and advisory services, we are using the finance products, expertise, and systems we have developed to build abetter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities, and creative freedom to make things better.Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we will make our ambition to be the best employer a reality.
We are growing fast and looking for those, who share our values, believe in the importance of the people agenda, and have experience in organisation and workforce transformation and transactions, change experience and learning, culture and leadership, digital HR, reward, employment tax and people mobility, to join us in PAS.
The Employment Tax team growing, and we are looking for a talented Employment Tax Manager to join the team.
Whilst the core skill set of the team is in providing clients with traditional employment tax consulting and compliance services its close integration into the rest of FS PAS provides a unique opportunity to work on a variety of complex and challenging multi-disciplinary projects. Such projects include
- Local and global employment tax compliance and advisory projects
- Specialist support to Global Mobility and Business Traveller programmes
- Development and management of Cross Border Remote Worker programmes
- Advising on contractor taxation and compliance
- Advising on reward taxation in the UK and globally (working with shares schemes and regulatory reward professionals).
Our clients are varied but all share a single feature: that they operate in some of the most dynamic sectors of the global economy namely Banking and Capital Markets, Insurance, Wealth and Asset Management and Fintech. They range from large multinational banks to global insurance companies to specialist asset managers all of whom highly demand specialist and responsive service from their advisors. They are developing their business models in an increasingly complex regulatory landscape, and that's why we need a diverse range of people with a truly global skill set to join us.
Your key responsibilities:
- Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
- Assist in winning work by proactively managing existing clients and contributing to winning new clients.
- Assist in managing the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business-driven approach taken as well as managing team members to help deliver to deadlines
- Support with advising clients on UK domestic employment tax matters including, benefits and expenses reporting, termination payments, salary sacrifice, Off-Payroll Workers, PAYE, and operational payroll matters as well as international aspects with respect to employment taxes
- Contribute to successfully extracting maximum value for both EY and clients from the tax services delivered whilst managing risk appropriately for both client and the fir
Skills and attributes for success:
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- A strategic and commercial awareness of wide business issues
- An enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- To be a strong and motivated team player
- To be able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- To manage, coach and counsel team members
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Experience of working in employment tax, dealing with compliance issues, and providing technical advice, as well as the ability to win work in the market.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience working within professional services
- ATT/ACA/CA/ACCA/CTA/Law qualification (or equivalent)
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings, and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
LI-PEY | Building a better working world EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.