This is a great opportunity for a driven and talented individual to make a real difference as part of a dedicated and professional team.
The Manager will be part of a team providing accounting & financial reporting services for established and new real estate and private equity funds.
You will be working in a team of qualified and part qualified accountants servicing a varied portfolio of real estate and private equity funds and SPVs.
My client is a specialist financial services business with 10 offices across Europe, the US and Asia.
Managing client relationships and accounting responsibilities:
- To maintain and develop strong, lasting relationships with clients
- To be one of the primary contacts for clients with daily contact and regular in-person client meetings
- Take ownership of your portfolio of clients and customer relationships
- Implementing policies, procedures and checklists where necessary
- Compile and analyse financial information underlying the financial statements, including the treatment of business transactions
- Oversee preparation of financial reporting both at asset and fund level, including supporting files and review of all work produced by team
- Preparation of consolidations
- Bank debt covenant reporting
- Production of monthly/quarterly NAVs
- Investor tax, CIS and VAT reporting
- Involvement in team planning, monitoring deadlines and coaching and developing junior staff members
- Cashflow forecasting work
- Plan year end audit including audit files and liaise with external auditors and clients
- Prepare statutory financial statements in accordance with IFRS or UK GAAP
- Contribute recommendations for improving the organisation's operations
- Organise take-on and set-up of new clients
- Work effectively with the senior members of the Accounting team to ensure smooth transition of work sourced by them into the business
- Act as first point of contact for queries from team members
- Supervision, coaching and mentoring of junior staff
- Provide support and guidance to team members, acting as a mentor and role model
- Manage the day to day workload of the team, including effective delegation and resource management
- Manage performance of direct reports through the Performance Management process, including Performance Review meetings and objective setting
- Support the recruitment process, reviewing CV's and conducting interviews with potential candidates
The right candidate will firstly be ACA or ACCA qualified.
Obviously would be great if people had a relevant FS background, but not a pre-requisite and would be a great move for someone from a chartered accountancy background, or someone in commerce and industry with a strong financial accounting background.
An excellent salary and benefits package, including bonus, is available to the successful candidate.