Our Audit practice is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organization in the industry. As part of our team, you will be using your skills and experience in order to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and provide meaningful insights into both accounting and reporting matters and business-critical information or processes.
Join our continuously growing team, which employs over 2.200 professionals in Greece, and is listed in Greece's Top Employers for 2023! Experience great flexibility, under our hybrid operating model across our offices in Athens, Patras, and Thessaloniki, while benefiting from personalized learning and career development opportunities. We prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion, fostering an environment where everyone's unique perspectives are valued, that supports you in building an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
This is a great opportunity to join the fast-growing Audit practice in Athens (Audits of Industry entities). You will be part of a team where you will receive exposure to some of EY's most diverse and exciting clients and be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. Your work will be recognized and rewarded, and a solid career will lie ahead of you. Sounds interesting?
Your key responsibilities
As an Audit Senior, you will work on various Audit engagements in different industry sectors (Industry entities) in which EY is acknowledged as a market leader. You will become a credible Auditor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire sectors by:
- Leading day-to-day fieldwork and keeping engagement executives updated on Audit engagements
- Effectively completing Audit processes with appropriate consideration of Audit risk issues and accounting technical matters
- Embracing technology for a more efficient and effective Audit approach
- Constantly developing your understanding of current market and industry trends and processes and sharing your knowledge to develop junior colleagues by providing on the job training on Audit skills and industry matters
- Understanding our clients’ unique ambitions and needs and demonstrating a dedication to continually improve our services and broaden our business relationships where possible
- Actively tracking developments on financial reporting frameworks (IFRS, and/or US GAAP) to demonstrate exceptional technical expertise to clients and engagement executives
Skills and attributes for success
- Fostering an efficient, innovative and team-oriented working environment by maintaining cooperative relationships that lead to open communications and sharing of information
- Demonstrating positive attitude, professionalism, teamwork competences, project management skills and high level of self-motivation and desire to exceed expectations
- Illustrating critical thinking and ability to work in a multi-tasking and results-oriented working environment with keen attention to high quality and details
- Using technology to continually enhance service delivery
To qualify for the role, you must have
- 3-5 years of relevant Audit working experience in audits of Industry entities with a proven track record of outstanding performance
- Excellent academic background including a bachelor and/or master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or other relevant academic major
- Professional accountancy qualification or working towards gaining one (ACCA, ACA, CPA, SOEL)
- Substantial knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Greek and English
- Flexibility to travel in accordance with client and other job requirements both locally and internationally
Ideally you will also have
- Experience with reporting requirements for EU listed companies
- Experience with reporting requirements (SEC, SOX 404) for US listed companies
- Prior working experience in one of the big audit firms
What we look for
We are interested in highly motivated candidates with a creative vision and the confidence to make it happen; candidates who can integrate with and influence clients from a varying range of organizations, as part of a diverse and highly driven team. If you are looking to develop your career within a truly dynamic team, where you will make a measurable difference across some of the most prestigious businesses around, this role is for you.
Working location: Athens (hybrid)
What we offer
- Competitive remuneration package: You’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Depending on your experience, our comprehensive rewards package includes benefits that suit your needs including cutting-edge technological equipment, ticket restaurant vouchers, a private health insurance scheme, life insurance, income protection and an exclusive EY benefits club that provides a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
- Flexible working arrangements: We operate under a hybrid working model, which is defined based on both your own preferences and team’s needs, and we enjoy our summers with short Fridays.
- Personalized learning experience and career development: We provide free and unlimited access to educational platforms and EY Badges, support certifications, and provide coaching and feedback, as a part of our Leadership & Development process, all of which can lead to a meaningful impact and success as defined by you.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
- International Experience: Become part of international projects and work along multicultural teams, through our global network.
- Above all, you will be working in one of the Top Employers in Greece for 2023, awarded by the Top Employers Institute.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.