Management Accounting Specialist
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology, and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a place where people feel inspired, encouraged, and challenged to be the best they can be. A place where they can be themselves – feeling welcome, valued, and included. Where they can keep growing and look after their wellbeing. So, if you share our ambition, join us at this exciting moment in our journey to get Ahead Together.
Management Accounting Specialist
The Management Accounting Specialist role offers an exciting opportunity to be responsible for the delivery of the end-to-end management accounting processes across agreed SMAS (Specialised Management Accounting Services) manufacturing sites. A person in this position will also build strong working relationships with customer groups and stakeholders and drive continuous process and service improvement.
In this role, you will…
- Primarily responsible for the delivery of SMAS (Specialised Management Accounting Services) processes according to agreed operating model and/or Service Level Agreements whilst ensuring full compliance with GSK and external accounting policies
- Operate according to governance frameworks, policies, and internal controls (SOX /Audit), prepare reconciliations for Balance Sheet accounts in scope as well as other relevant accounting controls
- Ensure that Site Actuals are accounted for and reported in an accurate and timely fashion for the assigned processes to support reliable, informed business decisions
- Align and partner with Site Finance to review results against plans and identify improvement opportunities
- Communicate and present information in a way that stakeholders can easily visualize and understand it to evaluate performance, exploit business opportunities or manage risk
- Build strong working relationships with customer groups and stakeholders, manage stakeholder expectations and needs, communicate effectively in all interactions through various means
- To manage own time appropriately to ensure assigned processes are performed and delivered in line with agreed timelines, and according to standard work approach
- Seek development and improvement, to deliver a level of expertise in assigned process to the benefit of SMAS group and site customers
- To actively support the SMAS culture of continuous improvement within the cluster and across the SMAS, striving for standardization and improved performance to support delivery of wider organizational objectives
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting or relevant
- Knowledge of management or financial accounting and reporting, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Able to effectively manage time against agreed deadlines for activities
- Expert level Excel skills, preferably with experience in SAP or other ERP system
- Good communicator, confident in interacting with all levels of individuals across a variety of internal functions (finance and non-finance) and customer groups
- Flexibility and ‘can do’ attitude, drive to ensure that task is achieved
- Team working skills are paramount in enabling the jobholder to function effectively, to provide and receive support within a small team of colleagues
- Advanced spoken and written English (min. B2)
How you will be rewarded:
- We are a high performing talented team who support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class
- Career with purpose - whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be sharing our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better, and live longer
- Possibility of developing within the role and company’s structure
- Additional benefits (bonus plan, medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund)
- CIMA/ACCA qualification support (Approved Employer)
- Access to newest technologies and solutions
- 60% remote work available based on the agreement with Line Manager
- Integration events
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Supportive & friendly working environment
- Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect, and transparency
Inclusion & Diversity at GSK:
Inclusion and diversity at GSK are key to our success. Here, you will thrive through bringing your unique experiences to both our company and the recruitment process. We want you to be you, feel good, and keep growing your career.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will travel through a transparent recruitment journey that adheres to all required employment standards and regulations. Beyond this, we commit to our values of integrity and respect towards every applicant.
We want to hear from you and support you with any adjustments that you may require during the recruitment process. Please get in touch with our Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to further discuss this today.
We will request equal opportunities information from you and whilst disclosure is optional, we encourage you to be open, enabling us to monitor the inclusivity of our recruitment practices for the benefit of everyone. Your data will remain confidential, is never shared with our Hiring Managers, and never affects the status of your application. *Local restrictions/legal requirementsFor further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.