Senior Manager: Technical Author and Assessor
As one of the world’s largest networks of audit, tax and consulting firms, RSM delivers big ideas and premium service to help middle-market businesses thrive. We are a fast-growing firm with big ambitions – we have a clear goal to become the premium adviser to the middle market, globally. This vision touches everything we do, motivating and inspiring us to become better every day. If you are looking for a firm where you can build a future and make an impact, then RSM is the place for you.
Are you an individual that enjoys developing people and has a passion for technical and regulatory auditing and financial reporting matters?
Are you ambitious with a passion to excel and drive change whilst putting quality at the heart of everything you do?
If so, then this is the role for you.
We are looking for an individual to support our Learning and Development technical training team through the development and monitoring of technical material, online courses, case studies and course assessments.
RSM provides audit engagement services to a range of public interest entities, other listed and large corporate entities operating internationally as well as in the UK across a range of sectors and industries.
- Development of audit and financial reporting training material for delivery online and face to face in the form of practical and illustrative examples
- Working with the audit technical training team in the design and implementation of a programme of training assessment
- Monitoring the effectiveness of a range of learning experience with the objective of identifying skills gaps and informing future training and development initiatives
The role may also include some support to the training delivery team, the provision of technical support to engagement teams, the development of technical communications and contributing to technical projects to aid in obtaining an understanding of the practical challenges that the business faces.
The individual will work closely with other members of NATS, the Head of Audit Technical Training and our Audit Quality team in relation to the assessment of training.
Personal and Professional Requirements
- ACA/ACCA/CA/CAI qualification (or equivalent)
- Strong understanding of UK GAAP and IFRS
- Knowledge of international auditing standards
- Experience of writing and reviewing technical training and communication materials
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Ability to work independently
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to lead teams and projects
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
At RSM, we want to create a strong sense of belonging so that people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures feel they can bring their true self to work. Our clients come from all walks of life. We aim to achieve that same diversity of background, experience and perspective in our own teams, so that we can genuinely understand our client’s needs. Diverse teams bring a broader range of ideas and insights to work. That’s why we’re working together to ensure our firm’s principles and processes support a firm culture that embraces difference and strengthens inclusion.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment. For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.