Senior General Ledger Accountant
At BBH we value diverse backgrounds, so if your experience looks a little different from what we've outlined and you think you can bring value to the role, we will still welcome your application!
What You Can Expect At BBH:
If you join BBH you will find a collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can. You will have direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world. BBH will provide you with opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm. We encourage a culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective. We provide a high-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind. Ultimately we want you to have rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage. Our BBH Cares program offers volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.
Join us as a Senior General Ledger Accountant
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Senior General Ledger Accountant to join our Alternative Investments Team. In this role you will be assisting in booking of General Ledger transactions and preparation of financial reporting. You will work closely with Supervisor and Team Leader. Additionally, you will be responsible for reviewing of work performed by less Junior Accountants and providing them with feedback.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Full general ledger accounting.
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual financial reporting.
- Independent review of work prepared by Junior Accountants providing them with feedback.
- Developing and maintaining strong familiarity with accounting standards (i.e. IFRS / US GAAP).
- Ensuring adherence to all established procedures, best practices and internal controls
What we offer:
- 2 additional days added to your holiday calendar for Culture Celebration and Community Service
- Private medical care for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- Hybrid Working Opportunities
- Professional trainings and qualification support
- Thrive Wellbeing Program
- Online benefit platform
- Contracts for an indefinite period with no probation period
- Understanding of accounting practices and standards.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in full general ledger accounting or group accounting, or audit background.
- Primary degree in a finance or accounting related discipline, and/or equivalent work experience is an asset.
- Computer literate with strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Fluency in English essential and knowledge of German and/or French as an additional asset.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Highly organized, detail orientated and self-motivated.
- Ability to work with a limited direct supervision, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.