FAAS Senior Manager - Financial Services Valuations - Dublin
Job Title / Description: Financial Services Valuations, Senior Manager
Financial Accounting & Advisory Services (FAAS) at Financial Services (FSO)
FAAS addresses the CFO’s agenda and provides CFOs, controllers, treasurers and core audit teams with insights and services to support compliance with evolving financial requirements and help provide transparency and trust in reporting to support better decision-making. We also help to support finance functions with robust financial data analytics and innovation through our tools.
EY have a number of career opportunities available and we are interested in meeting with strong candidates who are looking for a new challenge, one where you can develop your range of skills significantly. Be that a move out of industry into practice, or from within practice into advisory services. You will play a key role in supporting the development of new, and strengthening existing, client relationships and help our clients, who are leaders in the Financial Services industry, navigate the complex finance issues facing their business.
Your key responsibilities
Central to the role is supporting Core Assurance teams on their engagements relating to the valuation of Level II & III Investments. Within FAAS, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary and high-performing team of problem solvers with extensive experience. As a wider function we help financial services organizations solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution.
You will be involved in one or more of the following areas:
- Valuation, Modelling and Assessing financial instruments, not limited to:
- Complex Financial Products & Derivatives
- llliquid Investments – Private Equity & Private Debt
- Assessment of complex quantitative models developed by third parties
- Preparation of written reports detailing the outcome of the above activities
- Presenting output to internal or external clients.
- Collaborating with internal & external clients, reviewing processes & governance relating to valuations
- On-going industry research, providing updates and improving on Best Practise.
- Leveraging technology to continually learn, sharing knowledge with team members, and enhancing service delivery
- Assisting clients with the implementation of new or revised accounting standards and regulatory change.
- Building strong internal relationships within Assurance and across the other service lines we work with and support.
- Working effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress.
Skills, experience & qualifications needed
We are interested in future leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. Our opportunities will allow you to apply your financial accounting, regulatory reporting or change expertise to a variety of projects whilst offering you excellent career and progression opportunities. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current processes and ways of working. To qualify for the role, you ideally will have:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major (including Business, Economics, Accounting, Finance);
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA certification is desired but not a pre-requisite.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as an auditor for a public accounting firm, and/or industry experience within banking, aircraft leasing, wealth and asset management or insurance;and
- Excellent project management skills including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
What working at EY offers
Since our people help us make an impact for and support our clients, we do our best to recognise this effort this a comprehensive rewards package:
- EY offer a competitive remuneration package with a number of additional benefits
- We have a peer-to-peer recognition programme where you can recognise and be recognised for providing excellent service and supporting both your colleagues and our clients.
- You can take care of your health with access to top health insurance providers, our dedicated wellbeing programme and access to a web doctor free of charge.
- The ability to purchase additional leave every year in addition to the allotted annual leave.
Plus, a member of EY you will experience:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.