Business Process Analyst
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Business Process Analyst to join our growing team in Newcastle
As a Business Process Analyst you will lead process improvement projects, initially within Accounting Services, working closely with MI team developers and functional SMEs to design and implement the most efficient and effective processes using all available technology
What you'll be doing
- Project manage process improvement change projects within Accounting Services
- Document as is and to be process models using BPMN software
- Analyse and build business cases for change following calculation of existing costs and potential future benefits after understanding processes through conversations with functional SMEs
- Identify solutions for business problems by applying knowledge of all technology solutions available, using MI Team developer resource to help determine optimal automation strategy
- Manage expectations of stakeholders and project sponsors by proactively communicating the project status and estimated delivery time, highlighting key challenges throughout process.
- Build strong relationships with key business and IT contacts to help enable the delivery of projects.
Who we're looking for
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Process mapping experience, preferably using BPMN.
- Proven track record of delivering change projects within teams or cross department.
- Excellent numeracy and data analytical skills.
- Having a mindset for continuous improvement within existing processes.
- Attention to detail while also being able to contextualise against the bigger picture.
- Ability to effectively manage time and deliver against deadlines
- Ability to effectively present data in both written and verbal formats.
- Ability to communicate with senior managers and subject matter experts on unfamiliar topics.
- Ability to operate as a team player.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with others.
- Interest in automation technology, including RPA, to allow the recommendation of the optimal solutions to business process problems.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beattys Enabling Functions includes our centralised HR, IT, Procurement, Finance, Health & Safety, Sustainability and Comms teams. Together we support Balfour Beatty to deliver projects on behalf of our clients. We operate according to our Build to Last values of Lean, Expert, Trusted and Safe.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.