Assistant Manager/Manager-Board Advisory Services (Petaling Jaya)
KPMG in Malaysia provides Audit, Tax and Advisory services. Established in 1928, not only is our Firm one of the oldest in Malaysia, but also the oldest KPMG Firm in the Asia Pacific region.
With approximately over 2,000 staff positioned in 8 offices nationwide, our goal is to turn knowledge into value for the benefit of our clients, our people and the capital markets.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a renowned, fast-paced and professional organization with good career development opportunities.
- Lead engagements involving the design of governance frameworks for public-listed companies and large non-listed entities.
- Support the delivery of high quality and timely outputs in board advisory and governance engagements which typically revolve around the following areas:
Board Effectiveness Evaluation
- Remuneration or rewards advisory for Board of Directors and Senior Management
- Regulatory and compliance advisory
- Investor and stakeholder services (e.g. facilitating conduct of general meeting including moderation of question and answer session)
- Board sourcing or placement services
- Conduct research and contribute to intelligence in the realm of corporate governance.
- Lead efforts in benchmarking, qualitative and quantitative analyses for the preparation of impactful thought leadership publications that could be practically applied.
- A strong Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Political Science, International Relations, Law or other relevant disciplines
- Working experience in the areas of corporate governance (three to four years for Assistant Manager; and five to six years for Managers).
- Well-versed with knowledge on corporate governance, policy-making and regulatory compliance /legislative promulgations such as Companies Act 2016, Capital Markets and Services Act 2007, Main Market Listing Requirements of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad, Malaysian Code on Corporate Governance and Financial Services Act 2013.
- Demonstrates a high level of intellectual curiosity.
- Strong work ethics - able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office computer applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and research databases.
- Excellent proficiency in the English Language with the emphasis on writing skills.
- Ability to gather and synthesise different concepts and insights and articulate them into a coherent narrative.
- Has an affinity reading corporate governance and policy related materials.
- Possess very good interpersonal skills including leadership skills.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.