Accounting Technical Services - Senior Manager - I&S
Accounting Technical Services – Senior Manager – I&S
At Mazars you will feel a real sense of purpose, helping to create a fair and prosperous world, working in a culture that encourages you to be your true self at work with a focus on flexibility, balance and wellbeing.
You will also have the chance to drive change, deliver impact and the chance to define and influence the way your role and team works.
“ Mine, Yours, Ours, That's Mazars & me!”
About the team
We are looking to strengthen our Accounting Technical Services (ATS) team with talented and high performing individuals to support Mazars' significant growth. As a member of ATS, you will support Mazars' audit teams to provide technical accounting and corporate reporting support under IFRS and UK GAAP (including FRS 101 and FRS 102). As a member of ATS you are driven to provide high quality support tailored around our clients.
"I recently joined Mazars and I'm genuinely excited with the opportunity to build something new, drive change and really make a difference. The firm has an amazing culture of openness where all ideas count. We are on a journey to achieve sustainable growth without compromising quality and we welcome fresh ideas to improve and to further integrate as a firm and as a network. We take a collaborative approach and are genuinely committed to giving people opportunities." Christos Vernardos - Partner
About the roleAs a member of the ATS team, you will be part of a team that collaborates well to successfully support our audit teams and clients within the UK. Your role and responsibilities will include:
- Addressing accounting and corporate reporting technical queries across a full breadth of accounting matters and sectors across all Industries & Services (I&S);
- Reviewing financial statements for quality and compliance with IFRS and UK GAAP, including FRS 101 and FRS 102, ranging from FTSE-listed organisations to international groups to large UK private businesses;
- Providing tailored accounting technical support to key audit clients, including understanding the accounting issue, researching the applicable requirements and providing tailored support to clients;
- Assisting with audit proposals;
- Coaching and supporting the development of junior team members; and
- Assisting with the preparation of internal and external technical publications and guidance for audit teams.
What are we looking for?
We are looking to recruit talented and high performing individuals who have a passion for technical accounting and corporate reporting, are proactive and like to work in a fast-moving and interesting environment.
Your skills and experience will be as follows:
- Sound technical understanding from completing your ACA/ACCA (or equivalent) accounting qualification and have robust technical accounting knowledge of IFRS, UK GAAP (FRS 101 and FRS 102) and UK Company Law.
- Experience with evaluating technical issues, analysing facts, consulting and delivering solutions to audit teams and/or clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially writing formal reasoned technical responses.
- Experience of writing technical publications and technical guidance will be beneficial.
- Ability to prioritise and organise work, with strong attention to detail.
- Work well with others in the team, maintaining high standards of quality and demonstrating commitment to self-development.
- Experience of working at a senior manager level or above in a professional services firm within a similar accounting technical role.
Mazars & me
We want everyone to be rewarded and enriched by their professional life. So we come together to pioneer new ways of working; promoting psychological safety, flexibility with how you work – trusting you to make the right choices for the team, clients and the business – and balance in stimulating modern workspaces. We offer core benefits and then give people the opportunity to tailor extra benefits to suit their individual needs.
Being inclusive is core to our culture at Mazars; we want to ensure everyone, whether in the recruitment process or beyond is fully supported to be their unique self and provided with a level playing field. To read more about our approach click hereFor further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.