Associate - Actuarial Services
Job Description & Summary
PwC's Actuarial Services (AS) practice assists private and public entities throughout the world with critical insurance business issues. We provide solutions to the challenges caused by intense competition, technological changes, workplace pressures, mergers and acquisitions, globalisation, increased attention from regulators, and the ongoing struggle to provide greater value to all stakeholders.
We currently have an opportunity for a student in Actuarial Studies within PwC’s Actuarial Services practice in Bermuda. The successful candidate will support our market leading audit practice whilst also contributing to the growth of the actuarial consulting practice. This position would suit ambitious, goal-oriented actuaries looking for challenges in exciting and dynamic markets such as Bermuda, Cayman Islands and the Eastern Caribbean.
As an Associate in Actuarial Services, you will gain meaningful actuarial services experience working with our insurance, reinsurance, and captive insurance clients as well as supporting the further development of our actuarial consulting practice.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Providing audit support in the assessment of client reserve balances and actuarial processes in accordance with both accounting and actuarial standards;
- Providing actuarial consulting services including reserving, pricing, risk and capital modelling and other actuarial projects;
- Developing an understanding of actuarial techniques and procedures and applying them to work products;
- Demonstrating continued success on actuarial exams;
- Providing excellent service to internal and external clients; and
- Learning to proficiently use software, spreadsheets, other tools to perform and document your work.
In addition to having a university degree in an applicable field (i.e. mathematics, actuarial, computer science, economics, finance, etc), and/ or having demonstrated success in completing examinations administered by the Institute of Actuaries, the Casualty Actuarial Society or an equivalent body, the following skills are required:
- Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and manage several ongoing projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines;
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google programmes.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.