Internal Audit Manager
About the role
Are you a motivated Internal Audit Manager looking to join one of Cheltenham's top employers?
Having won a significant number of new clients over the last year, we are now looking to recruit an Internal Audit Manager to join our rapidly expanding Audit team.
We work with clients across a broad range of the public sector including further and higher education institutions, academies, housing and healthcare, as well as clients from the wider not for profit and corporate sectors.
Working with a broad portfolio of organisations across some or all of these sectors, you will be looking beyond the core internal audit essentials and will be providing your clients with advice and sector best practice that will really help them deliver on their objectives.
This role will suit an experienced Internal Audit professional and you will be encouraged to share ideas and will play a key role in our expanding audit team. As part of the role, you will be given the opportunity to continue to develop your broader management and business development skills.
This role will enable you to take full advantage of the hybrid working that we offer to all of our people. Whether you’re working from the office, from home or from a client site, we support our people to achieve the right balance of flexibility in line with delivering excellent client service.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Leading, planning and delivering a broad range of public sector and corporate internal audit engagements, reporting directly to the firm’s Head of Risk Assurance and Internal Audit
- Helping to develop our internal audit team, including coaching and mentoring staff to become accomplished risk and control specialists and business advisors, and playing a part in recruitment to further expand the team
- Monitoring budgets and agreeing fees for each assignment
- Managing client relationships and expectations, building strong relationships with your clients and ensuring that a quality service is delivered
- Contributing to business development activities in the sectors in which you operate.
We’re currently experiencing significant growth success, with record levels of fee growth plus our highest ever headcount. And it doesn’t stop there. We’ve got ambitious plans to double the size of our business – and we invite you to join us on our journey.
But scaling up doesn’t mean we’ll lose our personality, or our people focus. And we’re committed to being a responsible business, focussed on maintaining a healthy business, healthy communities, and a healthy environment as we grow.
Everyone here is nurtured, trusted, and empowered to develop from day one, both through challenging, diverse, and engaging work. Interesting clients and opportunities for structured development will test your abilities and lead you to your full potential. We’ll make sure of it by empowering you, trusting you and developing you professionally.
You’ll do it all in an environment that is collaborative and friendly, open, and energised, personal, and professional, forming close bonds and friendships along the way.
To be considered for the role, you will have:
- ACA/ACCA/CIAA Qualification (or equivalent)
- Experience of managing a broad portfolio of audit clients across some or all of the public sector, wider not-for-profit and corporate sectors
- A great people manager who enjoys developing and coaching their team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to build rapport with people at all levels
- Well-organised, enthusiastic and thorough, with a systematic approach and the ability to work to deadlines
- Able to access transport and have a full driving licence.
- A real team player who wants to contribute to the overall success of Bishop Fleming.
Why Bishop Fleming?!
At Bishop Fleming, we take pride in putting our people first. We are a Great Place to Work® certified and offer an outstanding work environment, strong office culture and extensive perks (listed below). We’re also a rapidly growing Top 30 Accountancy firm and have just been ranked fifth in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Rankings. We’re proud to be the highest ranked firm in the South West. This comes on the back of nearly 20% growth last year, several award wins, and record-breaking recruitment taking our headcount to 40 partners and close to 500 people.
We are a firm that thinks clients, people and communities. As a member of Business in the Community (BITC) we are focussed on improving our responsible business practices and collectively making positive impacts for the benefit of society.
If that’s not enough, we offer a fantastic range of benefits including:
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays plus Christmas off!
- Hybrid working
- A contributory Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Simply Health cashback plan including access to 24/7 online GP service and counselling services
- Perkbox discounts and rewards platform with over 4,000 perks and discounts
- Yulife employee wellbeing app
- Social events with active social committees that plan internal and external events
- Numerous opportunities for development
Please contact Alastair Campbell, Head of Risk Assurance and Internal Audit, or Sam Ford, Talent Acquisition Manager if you would like to discuss this opportunity further.
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies and activities outside of work.
We are committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We support a culture where people are valued and treated fairly with respect and differences are understood and celebrated.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our business. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.