VAT Senior Manager/Manager
Kreston Reeves has an established and growing specialist VAT team covering London and the South. We have a vacancy a Senior Manager/Director to join our London office, although the role will be to support and develop the firm’s business across all of its regions. This role provides an excellent opportunity for career progression.
We provide compliance services to many complex and international clients but predominantly our focus and revenue earned is from advisory services. We advise on all aspects of VAT work, with specialisms including international, land and property and not-for-profit/charities/education. We also provide Customs Duty advice to clients.
You will be a key member of the team, providing high quality VAT advisory services on a broad range of VAT issues to clients of different sizes and industry sectors.
- Developing strong relationships with clients and providing VAT advice across a range of client types and industry sectors.
- Identifying and leveraging VAT opportunities from within the firm’s existing client base as well as in attracting new clients through various initiatives.
- Introducing other service line specialists, such as direct taxes, where opportunities exist.
- Supporting service line partners and colleagues with their local business development strategies, tenders and client service plans
- Supporting the VAT Partner and Director in delivering the financial and strategic targets of the VAT service line and with its business development activities, such as writing thought provoking articles and promotional material
- Raising awareness and understanding of VAT risks and opportunities within other service lines
- Managing and developing junior team members through effective supervision, coaching and mentoring
Skills, experience and attributes
- Proven track record, including a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a VAT consulting role
- Motivated and keen to progress
- Strong VAT technical knowledge
- Commercial and practical approach to winning and delivering work
- Good understanding of risk and the ability to mitigate this risk for clients and the firm
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to explain VAT clearly and simply to internal and external clients
- A desire to seek new challenges and responsibility and a proactive approach to identifying work opportunities
- Relevant professional qualifications (CTA/AIIT/ACA/ACCA) and/or experience in advisory roles
We are so much more than just accountants, business and financial advisers…Our purpose is to guide our clients, colleagues, and communities to a brighter future.
We’re committed to living by our purpose and values - 'Understand’, 'Look ahead’, 'Make it personal’, 'Be crystal clear’ and 'Be human’. We have created a culture in which we strive for our clients, colleagues, and communities to thrive. We work as a team and have a wide range of skills, specialisms, and expertise amongst us.
We’re proud to be B Corp™ certified - we place high value on what our people care about and recognise the important role we have as a business to create long-lasting positive change, using business as a force for good. Our environmental, social and governance programme is aligned to four of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals - 'Good health and wellbeing,’ 'Quality education,’ 'Reduced inequalities’ and 'Climate action.’
Kreston Reeves is an equal opportunities employer committed to fostering a diverse, fair and inclusive culture. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for our roles and equal consideration will be given to every application.
Our people are our core asset so it’s important to us that we create an environment where they are recognised, included and valued.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be a UK/Irish citizen or already possess a current UK Working Visa.